*** Official IOWA STATE vs Kansas Game(Day) Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
Not great, Bob. (I hope this is more "general frustration" and not one teammate targeting another, because Dekkers didn't exactly light it up today.)

Oof. Not sure you can trust just anything on Twitter these days, but if this is true…. Then there are more issues with ISU football than just being unable to score against the worst defense in the Big 12.

The Tweet has been deleted. What was it???

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
Someone claimg Dekkers threw his helmet at the kicker.

That sounds kinda nuts.

I don't recall exactly if it was throwing his helmet at the kicker, or throwing it on the ground in the direction of the kicker. A little bit of a difference in severity.

I'm guessing her tweet attracted more attention than she intended and she deleted it.

• Informative
Reactions: khardbored

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I don't recall exactly if it was throwing his helmet at the kicker, or throwing it on the ground in the direction of the kicker. A little bit of a difference in severity.

I'm guessing her tweet attracted more attention than she intended and she deleted it.

I edited to try not to dust it up although I think her wording made it sound pretty bad.

Either way him losing his **** isn't a good look.

• Agree
Reactions: khardbored

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest

Either way, don't think CMC would take too kindly to a team member dissing a teammate after a loss.

If true, do you think he'd bench Dekkers for something like that?

Spam

May 21, 2008
Either way, don't think CMC would take too kindly to a team member dissing a teammate after a loss.

The camera was focused on the kicker for an entire minute after the kick. Several ISU players and coaches came around to give him an encouraging pat or high five. In the middle of all that, I doubt Dekkers would come and throw his helmet in the kickers direction.

Last edited:
  • Winner
  • Agree
Reactions: 83cy and khardbored

Trice

Apr 1, 2010

I couldn't possibly speculate on that without seeing this for myself.

SDClone

Oct 3, 2007
Ankeny, Iowa
Another game lost in the “margins”. As much as the coach preaches winning in the “margins” year after year, he needs to find a different excuse because we all know winning in the “margins” isn’t gonna happen with this team. If that hasn’t changed by now it’s never gonna change.

• Winner
Reactions: NoCreativity

quasistellar

Feb 29, 2016
Another game lost in the “margins”. As much as the coach preaches winning in the “margins” year after year, he needs to find a different excuse because we all know winning in the “margins” isn’t gonna happen with this team. If that hasn’t changed by now it’s never gonna change.

Kinda think it’s time to abandon the margins and start winning with. . . hear me out. . . more points than the other team.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Isn't he still hurt? Was he supposed to play?
Day to day don't you know. I think. I haven't actually been told. :confused:
Kinda think it’s time to abandon the margins and start winning with. . . hear me out. . . more points than the other team.
This is a good point. I must consider it now and ponder the validity of your statement.

I'll get back with you. :)

CYDJ

Jan 12, 2013
Does anyone know what the strategy is for all the crossing route stuff when we have some pretty good receivers that run pretty good routes and we have a QB that has a pretty good arm with some accuracy on longer throws? Were their DBs really good or they have a great over the top coverage scheme or something?

It didn't really look like they were just giving us the middle today. And we did pretty well when we went downfield more today.

Just wondering.

Reactions: CyNews

StPaulCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Duh!
Coach abandoned “margins” for “precision and detail” a few years ago. It’s obviously semantics; but the latter is about execution. This team needs to execute better, even just the “simple” things. Yesterday was sooo hard to watch. I’d gotten to were I didn’t worry about mistakes from a CMC team anymore. That fear was back yesterday and had a terrible feeling we were going to muff the punt that Noel missed. I am really going to need to adjust my expect next week.

Reactions: CyNews

Raider

May 31, 2015
Went to the game. In my opinion,even with two backs out,didn’t seem like CMC to go for overtime.Seems he is for living with results. Two,I think Dekkers will get there,but the naysayers from previous seasons need to step back and appreciate what we had in Brock Purdy.And,CMC will right the ship. Last,sure enjoyed talking to the fans,including players’ parents, and asking a couple KU bandwagoners to check themselves after the finish. If you’re going to win,win with some class.See you in Hilton.
Couple of questions for clarification:
1. How did you ID KU bandwagoner fans? Were they wearing signs?

2. Did the bandwagoner fans get in your face or were they just ecstatic on escaping with a win and celebrating being 5-0 when preseason the over was 2.5 wins?

3. Don't you think any fan base that has suffered through 10+ year stretch of the worst football ever has earned the right to celebrate?

Status
Not open for further replies.