*** Official IOWA STATE vs Kansas Game(Day) Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

cycophagus

Aug 16, 2012
MN
jdolson27 said:
If he was going to miss. Really wish he would of hit the uprights again. 3 for 4 on the uprights. 1 for 4 field goals made. That would of been impressive.

That would've put him in Cody Parkey type rarified air.

Everyone remembers his double doink vs Philly in the playoffs. But earlier in that season, he drilled the upright 4 times (all misses) in a single game vs Detroit, which the Bears won somehow.
View attachment 103883

I like big doinks, and I cannot lie! :cool:

Seriously, though. welll at least tongue in cheek ..., I propose the following doink poimy scoring system:
  • Single doink == 1 point
  • Double doink == 2 point
  • Triple doing == 3 points (and an Espy!)
  • Bounce back out of the end zone == 1 additional point
That would have given Cody Parkey 3 points, and the Bears would have won that game. But what about ISU at Kansas. It would have given us at least 2 points, but I cannot find any footage of the the two doinks. Anyone recall.? They were not included in the game highlights on cyclones,com.

CoachTretired

Dec 29, 2021
Exactly. And his destiny was swirling down the toilet today after two doinks. Had this been in the third quarter......okay, fine.

But for the game? And not to win.....but only tie.

You play to win on the road. That has been the "margin" for years in the coaching ranks.

So call me nuts but I think CMC should have nutted up and gone for it. I wouldn't have been mad if it failed.
If Dekkers had a 25% completion rate, I'd say we need a change there as well. Interceptions can be the fault of the receiver, the offensive line may not protect well enough, or the offensive coordinator may have a poor scheme. Unless protection breaks down or the hold is bad, the kicker controls his destiny.
Completion rate was 62%

clone1990

Apr 14, 2008
The KU fans I have met down in Lawrence KS were either DRUNKS OR MBB FANS!!
The bandwagon jumpers that tailgated with us were the first to start with the taunting. Having lived in the KC area for over 30 years now, the bandwagon KU fans are always the worst.

Reactions: Dowwmeow

Cyrealist

Sep 25, 2013
The bandwagon jumpers that tailgated with us were the first to start with the taunting. Having lived in the KC area for over 30 years now, the bandwagon KU fans are always the worst.
I generally enjoy seeing long-suffering fans get something to cheer about, but KU fans completely abandoned their team during the lean years.

Status
Not open for further replies.