*** Official IOWA STATE vs Kansas Game(Day) Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Couple of questions for clarification:
1. How did you ID KU bandwagoner fans? Were they wearing signs?

2. Did the bandwagoner fans get in your face or were they just ecstatic on escaping with a win and celebrating being 5-0 when preseason the over was 2.5 wins?

3. Don't you think any fan base that has suffered through 10+ year stretch of the worst football ever has earned the right to celebrate?
I'd assume you could chuck a stone anywhere in the crowd at Kansas and hit a bandwagon fan after how empty that place is historically.

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
I don't understand how you play for a field goal when you already have missed 2. I would not have sent him out there to kick again today. I know we have other kickers.
I AGREE Westside, I always thought that you PLAYED FOR THE WIN ON THE ROAD, & PLAYED FOR THE TIE AT HOME.

I guess I was wrong according to Campbell & Manning.

Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa

2. Did the bandwagoner fans get in your face or were they just ecstatic on escaping with a win and celebrating being 5-0 when preseason the over was 2.5 wins?

3. Don't you think any fan base that has suffered through 10+ year stretch of the worst football ever has earned the right to celebrate?
The KU fans I have met down in Lawrence KS were either DRUNKS OR MBB FANS!!

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
I mean, we may not get a win in conference. I for sure don’t see one. We managed 11 freaking points against Kansas.
The question that I would ask is WHAT CONFERENCE TEAM IS OUR OFFENSIVE LINE CAPABLE OF BLOCKING?

It is sure NOT KANSAS STATE WITH THEIR DEF FRONT SEVEN...and with Adrian Martinez at QB its going to be a LONG NITE IMHO!

Reactions: Cyfanisu

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
I'm not generally one to bash the coaches, but the lack of any run game has been there all year and that has to be on the coaches. Not just the play-calling but even more on the scheme of the offense and the preparation. If we're not going to run the ball, then we have to commit to an Air Raid. Obviously, Dekkers didn't have a great day, but he was put in a situation where it would be extremely difficult to be successful. We need new coaches on the offensive side of the ball.
Actually it's ON THE OFFENSIVE LINE COACH IMHO!!

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
I was thinking something similar to this. How borderline embarrassing is it that Leipold is getting KU turned around in under 2 years, a program that was a complete and total trainwreck, dumpster fire et. all, and Campbell has yet to truly have a breakout season in 6+seasons? Kansas is catching and surpassing us.
Personally I think Campbell is a really good coach, and Leipold might be a great coach. People can dismiss his D3 dominance, but in the end he’s been in coaching a hell of a lot longer than Campbell, including as a HC.

• Winner
Reactions: madguy30

JUKEBOX

Oct 27, 2008
I think everyone is overreacting. We lost because the kicker choked 3 times. Otherwise it was an easy win.
I do think people are overreacting. We've only lost two games this year by one possession.

However I think it's fair to point out re-occurring issues with the program and try to get those corrected going forward.

Cloned4Life

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 5, 2006
Ankeny
FIFY. The dude has one thing on his mind. X. If he isn't open, he doesn't know what to do. He's got a heck of an arm, but he needs to figure out how to read a defense. He had guys open down field and X is getting doubled or tripled on the drag routes.
This is silly. Hunter was not good yesterday but the staff has the job of putting him in a position to be successful. No he did not have guys open down field all day, we barely ran routes and play designs that are to Hunter’s strengths. When we did, we easily scored.

Yesterday was an epic failure by the coaching staff. The preparation and attention to details continues to be awful.

CyNews

Mar 19, 2021

Don’t need much to ID: questions about obvious things, not understanding ISU fans’ distaste with ‘reviews,’ one saying we were accusing KU of being ‘cheaters.’ Uh,no. Bandwagoner backing up in 70 grand pickup afterwards was not anxious to let me continue to pass with a cane,saying I was handicapped and wearing the wrong colors. Let him have it a bit and then, on his way out, as I walked past his slow-moving truck (walking pretty well), saw his plates and told him ‘Go back to Johnson County.’ I was amazed when a bunch of KU fans applauded that. Not that big of deal, but I am not going to get bowled over. Period. Don’t get me wrong, my daughter graduated from KU and it is a wonderful school and I had a very good time chatting with a bunch of KU fans. And I don’t begrudge any celebration! But this older man needed to act like he’d been there before(Mangino, Mason,etc.). Don’t usually act like I’m 19,but darn it.

Reactions: t-noah

wintersmd

Jul 2, 2014
I think everyone is overreacting. We lost because the kicker choked 3 times. Otherwise it was an easy win.
Nope, we lost because we didn't put the ball in the end zone. The kicker didn't do his job, but the offense faid to do their job also. Offense scores 1 more TD we have a win.
Can't put blame on the kicker, sorry.

Reactions: Cyfanisu

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Nope, we lost because we didn't put the ball in the end zone. The kicker didn't do his job, but the offense faid to do their job also. Offense scores 1 more TD we have a win.
Can't put blame on the kicker, sorry.

It was weird how much of a grind it was to even get to the end zone even when ISU had some nice looking plays that spread out their defense.

IowaState88

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 9, 2022
After watching the game back -

Losing J. Brock and not having Norton there was huge. Clearly, Silas and Sanders are not trusted yet and just not quite to the level of a starting Big 12 running back. They are solid pieces to have and good 3rd/4th string backs, but when they were forced to carry the load vs even a subpar defense like Kansas, it did not go well.

The absence of a running game made our offense one dimensional, this forced Hunter to throw the ball into tight windows, and make pressure decisions. On top of all of that, the offensive line had their worst game of the season.

Defense was exceptional all game. There was no chance Kansas was scoring in the second half, and all that was needed to win that game was 4 total points from the offense/special teams in the second half but we could not capitalize. Disappointing.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny

That didn't help, but against KUs D we lost because we were even in a position where the kicker mattered. Even if we made a couple of those kicks it'd still probably end up being one of the lowest scoring days by a KU opponent this year. Our offense is a problem.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Personally I think Campbell is a really good coach, and Leipold might be a great coach. People can dismiss his D3 dominance, but in the end he’s been in coaching a hell of a lot longer than Campbell, including as a HC.
Appreciate the perspective on this. Way too easy to forget what you're saying about coaching experience, longevity etc

• Agree
Reactions: IowaState88

IowaState88

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 9, 2022
Does anyone know the status of J. Brock and Norton? Will they likely be out for a while?

Reactions: CyNews
Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Support Us

Become a patron