***Official Iowa State vs Toledo Gameday Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

UraMallas

Jan 9, 2013
Coaches don't miss 32 yard field goals and take sacks on 4th down. Rhoads might be done but this is 100% on the players.
We wouldn't have been in those positions if it wasn't for all the penalties. The undisciplined nature of the entire team is on the coaches.

norcalcy

Oct 20, 2010
Smart coaches who intend on going for a FG to win the game don't run a play prior to kicking the FG making the kicker have to kick from an awkward angle. And even if Netten wanted it there, have Richardson drift over to the hash and take the knee. Don't have your running back break tackle after tackle over on the hash, risking fumble after fumble.

Did CPR miss the kick? No. But he absolutely mismanged the situation about as badly as you can.

This. Just one of many little things that doesn't get done right.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Coaches don't miss 32 yard field goals and take sacks on 4th down. Rhoads might be done but this is 100% on the players.

Yes, but coaches (at least dumb ones) run a play to the short side when in the hash to make it as hard a 32 harder as possible.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
That was horrible to have to watch. The Rockets were crap, the officiating was crap, the announcers were crap, the penalties were crap, the ending was crap.

I have watched many bad ISU teams, but tonight's game was special in a bad sort of way.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
They lost the game with horrible coaching on that last drive. If you run that last play, run the ******* thing to the middle of the field for an easy kick. Coaching is horrible

Inexcusable to not only run to the far side, but to further handicap ourselves with yet another penalty. Direct coaching mistake and coaching discipline mistake. Add me to the pitchfork crowd, this one tipped me toward that camp. Always liked CPR as a person and the attitude he initially brought, but this is going nowhere fast.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
We wouldn't have been in those positions if it wasn't for all the penalties. The undisciplined nature of the entire team is on the coaches.
Yes, this team has been horribly penalized under Rhoads. I can live with a guy getting beat and holding, but the number of false starts, lining up offsides, and other stupid penalties are unreal.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
I think that's sort of a cop out, because that is a routine kick for Netten from either hash mark.

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
You all are damn fools if you think CPR is gone. JP already tapped the cookie jar for the SEZ.

Not going to be much choice, you might be right but it's over now..it's so bad now, not sure how much more of this people will take

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Not 100%. 15 penalties = poorly coached and taught. That's on the coaches.

A FG that range can be put on coaches when you run to the far side and the team has YET ANOTHER offsides.

What should have nearly been an extra point turned into an actual field goal because we moved it 5 yards back and angled it.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009

Undisciplined, and also confused. So many moments when a guy does not seem to know what to do, or does the wrong thing.

Even had they won, this would still be true.

CYISFLY

Jun 30, 2009
SW Ia
Don't think I remember ever seeing a team have as many penalty yards as we had tonight. Wonder what excuses Rhoads comes up with at the press conference

CycloneDaddy

Sep 24, 2006
Johnston
So pumped to get the country club membership next year instead of season tickets. Not easy to give up over 15 years of season tickets but it just isn't enjoyable anymore,

EnhancedFujita

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2013
Johnston
I was thinking of getting tickets to the Kansas game to take my 6 year old to a football game, but I'm not sure that's what we'd see.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
Smart coaches who intend on going for a FG to win the game don't run a play prior to kicking the FG making the kicker have to kick from an awkward angle. And even if Netten wanted it there, have Richardson drift over to the hash and take the knee. Don't have your running back break tackle after tackle over on the hash, risking fumble after fumble.

Did CPR miss the kick? No. But he absolutely mismanged the situation about as badly as you can.

Mismanaged a 32 yard field goal? Good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.