***Official ISU @ UConn Gameday Thread***

DRCHIRO

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 13, 2008
Can't believe people get so worked up about announcers.

Can't believe people get worked up about sound systems, "super bowls", ken okeefe, ferentz after a loss, etc. Want me to keep going?

longtimeclone

Dec 8, 2009
Up north
Lenz and Jantz were interchangeble, Jack Knott, apparently the 'P' in CPR stands for Phil now. It's just laziness on their part. I know full well they didn't trot out the A crew for us.

I would expect the better crew to be at the boise game, but I wouldn't expect the crew to do their homework this morning. How do you mess up some of our biggest players names? CPR coached in the big east for gods sake!

FootballinTexas

Aug 2, 2009
Quick, where's Tiller? Tiller? Crap, he did not qualify. Crap, crap. Capello? He left? Barnett? He tripped on his laces? I know. Wait. Shontrelle, you go do the wildcat.

I'm pretty sure that I have never seen an NFL QB trip coming from under center. Especially when the center steps back on his foot.

cyman05

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 7, 2010
Didn't most of the preseason magazines have us winning 2 or 3 games? Maybe there were a couple of voices that said ISU could win 4 max.

Jonecy

Dec 5, 2006
3.5 Hours From Trice
Best game highlight I've ever seen of ISU on SportCenter 2nite. I Tivo'd it, but won't be able to get it to youtube til 2morrow.

This is going to be a fun weekend of games knowing we're 3-0 baby!!

GREAT JOB 2DAY BOYS!! GO CYCLONES!!! LENZ IS MY HERO!!!

mt85

Mar 24, 2006
I don't want to read through this entire thread, but can someone explain to me why we didn't get a sack or grounding call on Uconn's next to last drive? And how can they call a late hit on JW and not on the play when SJ was laying on the ground?

AllN4Cy

Sep 9, 2010
Grimes
I don't want to read through this entire thread, but can someone explain to me why we didn't get a sack or grounding call on Uconn's next to last drive? And how can they call a late hit on JW and not on the play when SJ was laying on the ground?
/QUOTE]

Nope, I can't explain that.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Got to win the ones you're supposed to win. But UConn was bad. What's gonna happen when we play a good team?

If that game with that good team has halfway decent reffing we have a better chance at that one..

UConn shouldntve scored on their first drive. Shouldve stopped before that bad PI call (and the review where the knee was obviously down before he entered the end zone).

Edit: holy crap, this thread has a ton of posts..

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Random numbers for this thread:
#1 for most replies in the football forum.
#4 for most replies overall on CF (minus any from the early days that may have been deleted), behind the realignment mega-thread and a couple of randomness threads (never ending thread and 'favorite things'). Missed #3 by about 200 posts.

FootballinTexas

Aug 2, 2009
If that game with that good team has halfway decent reffing we have a better chance at that one..

UConn shouldntve scored on their first drive. Shouldve stopped before that bad PI call (and the review where the knee was obviously down before he entered the end zone).

Edit: holy crap, this thread has a ton of posts..

Don't get me wrong. I'm excited for the Clones. But the reason we won last night was we were able to flip the field position in the second half and force
UConn to drive the entire field. With inconsistency at QB that allowed our
defense to play loose.

As far as the whining about the refs and calls, Get over it. If we were blowing them out those calls go un-noticed. Bottom line... We have to play a lot better. Special teams are keeping us in these bad games.

Name me three Big 12 schools we can spot 3 turnovers and beat? I used 3 because we need 3 wins to reach a bowl game.

Last edited:

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Got to win the ones you're supposed to win. But UConn was bad. What's gonna happen when we play a good team?

We weren't supposed to win that one. By most prognostications, we aren't supposed to win any more games other than Kansas.

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK

It is called hack officiating, where the refs are so bad they should be banned for life.

Shinyhappyclone

Aug 25, 2007
iowa
UCONN must have played "sweet caroline" before the game and it took the football team a whole quarter to get over it.
I will only support geoff geoffry replacements that promise: a)to implement hope, change, and solve all my problems in life and give me money AND b) BAN "sweet caroline" from all iowa state sporting events. It is a curse....the curse of being unoriginal, lame, and boring. Stop playing it!!!!