***Official March Madness Thread***

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
I just don’t think the upsets are there like they used to be with so many guys transferring up rather than sticking at the small schools.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Nevada looks awful

I stopped believing in Nevada 2 years ago when every expert and their mother picked them to run ISU out of the tourney, and instead looked absolutely turrible against us.

And that "just okay" announcer (AT&T) might as well be saying "and boom goes the dynamite".

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
I stopped believing in Nevada 2 years ago when every expert and their mother picked them to run ISU out of the tourney, and instead looked absolutely turrible against us.

And that "just okay" announcer (AT&T) might as well be saying "and boom goes the dynamite".

One of my favorite NCAA games of the Hoiberg/Prohm era, simply because of that reason

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
it's why I love our Elite 8 team's blowout of UCLA. We were a 2 seed, hottest team in the country, and not one expert picked us to beat a team we blew out.

I was only 9 years old for that, so I don't remember it vividly, but I'm sure that was awesome.

The North Carolina game in 2014 is probably my favorite in my lifetime.

• Agree
Reactions: SCNCY

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
I just don’t think the upsets are there like they used to be with so many guys transferring up rather than sticking at the small schools.

That's an interesting thought.

I was wondering if the way AAU showcases players these days and all the film out there on high school recruits if the top schools were just scouting players better and the product is just better at the upper end as a result.

Fifteen or twenty years ago more kids slipped through the recruiting cracks and developed into players who could beat a top seed.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
it's why I love our Elite 8 team's blowout of UCLA. We were a 2 seed, hottest team in the country, and not one expert picked us to beat a team we blew out.

Our guys were so pissed about the lack of respect they were getting that year.

• Agree
Reactions: HFCS

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
I have Nevada but I don’t even want them to win because they’re so annoying.

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY