***Official March Madness Thread***

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I bet a lot of perfect brackets just went down. Other "upsets" had an obvious reason to pick them, this one was a coin flip pick in just about every measurable way and most are going to pick the 7 in that case.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
it's why I love our Elite 8 team's blowout of UCLA. We were a 2 seed, hottest team in the country, and not one expert picked us to beat a team we blew out.

Hey, found the whole game on YouTube, so y'all can watch while waiting for the game tomorrow.

That starting group was the toughest bunch of MFers who ever suited up for ISU. Tinsley, Fizer, Mike Nurse, Kantrail Horton, Stevie Johnson.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I was only 9 years old for that, so I don't remember it vividly, but I'm sure that was awesome.

The North Carolina game in 2014 is probably my favorite in my lifetime.

I remember that game because I had a Statics exam that evening and missed the first half. The second half and the announcers lusting over our team while eating crow made up for missing the first half.

Reactions: Cyched

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Hey, found the whole game on YouTube, so y'all can watch while waiting for the game tomorrow.

That starting group was the toughest bunch of MFers who ever suited up for ISU. Tinsley, Fizer, Mike Nurse, Kantrail Horton, Stevie Johnson.

Right up there with my favorite ISU moments. UCLA had won the game before with a bunch of lobs over Maryland so all my Hok fan friends were talking it up...I just let them know ISU wouldn't let that kind of thing happen, and really didn't. Fizer even intercepted a couple iirc.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Interesting NCAA tourney tidbit:

I stood next to Admiral Schofield from UT at open practice today. Holy **** that guy is an absolute freak. Huge arms and shoulders. He’s like two of me wide.

ThePollinator

Nov 29, 2009
Ames
I just don’t think the upsets are there like they used to be with so many guys transferring up rather than sticking at the small schools.

There are still plenty of upsets last year a 16 took down a 1 remember? I remember ..Already a 12 over a 5 and Bradley hung in there with Michigan state. Belmont had maryland on the ropes. Plenty more upsets ripe for happening......

• Winner
Reactions: cstrunk

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Right up there with my favorite ISU moments. UCLA had won the game before with a bunch of lobs over Maryland so all my Hok fan friends were talking it up...I just let them know ISU wouldn't let that kind of thing happen, and really didn't. Fizer even intercepted a couple iirc.

We didn't know it at the time, but that was the high point. The Auburn Hills Abomination was just two nights later.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
We didn't know it at the time, but that was the high point. The Auburn Hills Abomination was just two nights later.

It really was...the season after looked to be getting there and then...

The thing I remember was really just knowing without question that ISU was a true contender after that UCLA game. The month leading up to it was a blast but that kind of domination was great.

Reactions: Die4Cy

IndyClone15

Jan 28, 2019
Metropolis
I had Seton Hall for this game, but then I remembered last year when I went against a trendy team (Loyola), so I switched. Time to see if Wofford is for real or not.