***Official Montgomery and Butler NFL Thread***

4theCYcle

Jul 14, 2013
Urbandale, IA
NFL draft "Analysts" are like NCAA "Bracketologists". They provide click bait educated guessing / speculation. Don't get too worked up about it.

Edit: He should be retired by now. Mel's own words.

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2018/4/19/17226834/mel-kiper-jimmy-clausen-nfl-draft-bet

That's exactly what it is. He got in it at the right time and for whatever reason ESPN and everyone labels him as a talent evaluater, but never coached or played.

It's the same Lunardi and Palm, their hit rate isn't great at all. Clicks, that's it.

• Winner
Reactions: isutrevman

cyyote15

Nov 3, 2013
Sioux Falls, SD
Reactions: isutrevman

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines

Seems unlikely considering Green Bay just invested two picks at WR last year and they have other more pressing needs.

Also, I'd be very surprised if the Seahawks move on from Russell Wilson. If a deal doesn't get done today then they'll pay him 17 million this year and thirty million in 2020 under the franchise tag. Russell Wilson for two years at 47 million is a bargain. Hell, even two years on the tag would essentially make it a three year, 83 million dollar deal. Not as great but certainly palatable. They have plenty of time to figure things out, and in the meantime they're not going to move a top five QB in his prime for any amount of draft picks.

Shawker

This May Not Be Accurate
Jun 19, 2014
Des Moines
Seems unlikely considering Green Bay just invested two picks at WR last year and they have other more pressing needs.

Also, I'd be very surprised if the Seahawks move on from Russell Wilson. If a deal doesn't get done today then they'll pay him 17 million this year and thirty million in 2020 under the franchise tag. Russell Wilson for two years at 47 million is a bargain. Hell, even two years on the tag would essentially make it a three year, 83 million dollar deal. Not as great but certainly palatable. They have plenty of time to figure things out, and in the meantime they're not going to move a top five QB in his prime for any amount of draft picks.

Yep, no way in hell the Seahawks move on from their franchise QB. You just don't do that these days. The obvious exception to that is Peyton Manning, but there were extenuating circumstances in that instance.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Yep, no way in hell the Seahawks move on from their franchise QB. You just don't do that these days. The obvious exception to that is Peyton Manning, but there were extenuating circumstances in that instance.

Yeah, it depends on the QB. Like I can see the Rams maybe moving on from Goff when it's time for his second contract, but Goff isn't the same player either. Wilson is good enough to keep a bad team in the playoff hunt and elevate a good team to a Super Bowl contender. There's only seven or eight quarterbacks in the league at that level. I get why a deal might not get done today, but it's not like he's going anywhere. Let him play out the existing deal, put the tag on him and see how things play out.

BMWallace

SuperFanatic
Sep 11, 2011
Chicago, IL
Yeah, it depends on the QB. Like I can see the Rams maybe moving on from Goff when it's time for his second contract, but Goff isn't the same player either. Wilson is good enough to keep a bad team in the playoff hunt and elevate a good team to a Super Bowl contender. There's only seven or eight quarterbacks in the league at that level. I get why a deal might not get done today, but it's not like he's going anywhere. Let him play out the existing deal, put the tag on him and see how things play out.
If the Seahawks tag him, then I hope Russ sits out like Bell did. Moves like that are such **** for the players. You are talking about the face of the franchise, in the prime years of his career. He is asking for a long term commitment, and they can't offer him that? I totally understand why he would ask for a trade if the team isn't going to give him a contract.

• Agree
Reactions: Peter

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
If the Seahawks tag him, then I hope Russ sits out like Bell did. Moves like that are such **** for the players. You are talking about the face of the franchise, in the prime years of his career. He is asking for a long term commitment, and they can't offer him that? I totally understand why he would ask for a trade if the team isn't going to give him a contract.

For the sake of not derailing this thread I'll reply in the NFL offseason thread. Sorry for going off on a tangent, everyone.