***Official Montgomery and Butler NFL Thread***

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
That kind of deep ball threat combined with the world’s current most mobile quarterback would be a nightmare to defend.
K Murray gonna be good I think. I was amazed at how OU didn't skip a beat after Mayfield left, in fact were better. Murray was a stud. Not fair to have 2 in a row like that!

If Mahomes can do what he did for the the Chiefs last year, I think Murray will surprise some also. I don't think he has quite the arm Mahomes has (he might I don't know) but the boy can run.

I do not recommend him running though on a regular basis. That might get him into big trouble/injury quick. If he can use his legs/quickness to extend to pocket though, like Mahomes, look out.

• Agree
Reactions: clonedude

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
K Murray gonna be good I think. I was amazed at how OU didn't skip a beat after Mayfield left, in fact were better. Murray was a stud. Not fair to have 2 in a row like that!

If Mahomes can do what he did for the the Chiefs last year, I think Murray will surprise some also. I don't think he has quite the arm Mahomes has (he might I don't know) but the boy can run.

I do not recommend him running though on a regular basis. That might get him into big trouble/injury quick. If he can use his legs/quickness to extend to pocket though, like Mahomes, look out.
The problem I see (for this year) is that the Cardinals didn’t improve their OL at all—at least, through the draft. No idea on FA signings. So, “not running much” may not be an option, ala Seneca his senior year.

• Informative
Reactions: t-noah

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa

giphy.gif

Reactions: t-noah

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Still can't believe Hakeem fell that far in the draft. AZ with a steal.

There's actually been a general skepticism around Butler since rookie camp. A lot of amateur talent evaluators aka reporters think he's too slow. It's the same stuff we've always heard. And then wouldn't you know it, he's behind the safety or manhandling a smaller DB on a jump ball.
If he can get the trust of his QBs, he can make an impact.

Reactions: Aclone

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
Michael Crabtree had a tryout with Arizona but Cardinals reporters don't think they will end up signing him. Kevin White was named the 3rd starter at WR but looks like he is hurt again. Shocker. That rookie out of Fresno State that they got late in the draft has been tearing it up in training camp and will get a lot of PT this year.

From everything I have read it sounds like Butler will make the 53 man squad but isn't expected to see the field a whole lot other than in the red zone, unless he dominates in the preseason.

• Informative
Reactions: Aclone

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Michael Crabtree had a tryout with Arizona but Cardinals reporters don't think they will end up signing him. Kevin White was named the 3rd starter at WR but looks like he is hurt again. Shocker. That rookie out of Fresno State that they got late in the draft has been tearing it up in training camp and will get a lot of PT this year.

From everything I have read it sounds like Butler will make the 53 man squad but isn't expected to see the field a whole lot other than in the red zone, unless he dominates in the preseason.
I mean I think they can just run him on fades like we did I feel like 6'6" and springy translates