PJ Fleck front runner for Tennessee job?

aauummm

May is National Walking Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
Lol they are literally debating presumably this thread right now on one of their sites.

https://www.volnation.com/forum/threads/iowa-st-site.325391/
Those guys are funny. They don't realize that it's a different college football scene now. A lot of the old guard football powers are mostly just average programs at best now. They don't realize that the "culture" of the program is more important than the name or recruiting class ranking. As far as the "culture" rating for a program, ISU is top ten or higher no problem. Their problem isn't which successful coach (ie, Campbell) can they poach but what coach is desperate enough to take a dumpster fire like Tennessee.

Just as another kick in the groin to them "Johnny Majors always liked us better than them anyway".

Johnny Majors Practice Complex at ISU-resized.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: CyclonesRock

aauummm

May is National Walking Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
I tried to get an account on there to go over and battle the bastards but there’s some glitch with their verification process.
Keep trying man! I'd love to see you go over there and mess with their heads a bit! :)

• Haha
Reactions: motorcy90

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Keep trying man! I'd love to see you go over there and mess with their heads a bit! :)
tenor.gif

• Winner
Reactions: aauummm

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
If only Tennessee fans realized they would have gotten an excellent coach in Greg Schiano but they thought they were better than him and made up a bunch of horrible things about him to make their AD balk. They think its funny we call the Tennessee program a dumpster fire, they are on their 3rd coach in 4 years..

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
It's harder to win at ISU. And easier. Most people don't ever look at it that way though.

The thing about Fleck is that he will NEVER be King **** in Minneapolis, and you can just tell that is very important to him. So I can see a move to a more college football centric place. Tennessee fans would be wise to accept that their job is not going to get filled by a "made" guy when there is that much uncertainty about the next few years down there. New AD and threat of sanctions will put them at the bottom of any potential coach's list. It will probably be the last job filled.

Last edited:

20eyes

May 15, 2020
They made up **** about Pruitt so they could fire him, until this moment their entire AD was run by Phil ****ing Fulmer (Google the Fulmer Cup), they're the SEC's UNL...

Tennessee fan, we don't expect Campbell to stay here. We expect him to land somewhere better than your crooked-assed, zero star culture, has been, toothless hillbilly, SESCSECSECSEC program.

Your pal,
WeR138

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
They made up **** about Pruitt so they could fire him, until this moment their entire AD was run by Phil ****ing Fulmer (Google the Fulmer Cup), they're the SEC's UNL...

Tennessee fan, we don't expect Campbell to stay here. We expect him to land somewhere better than your crooked-assed, zero star culture, has been, toothless hillbilly, SESCSECSECSEC program.

Your pal,
WeR138

giphy.gif

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Why would anyone hire PJ Fleck right now? What has he done.... taken Minny from mediocrity to mediocrity??

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Why would anyone hire PJ Fleck right now? What has he done.... taken Minny from mediocrity to mediocrity??

I think that's about the best "sell" for a hire UT could make in their situation. But I don't really see it from Fleck's point of view at this time.

Last edited:

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
I don’t blame fans for living in their own little bubble and TN has had a lot of success in the past. But, Campbell turned them down 2 years ago. In the mean time, they not only didn’t win, they dug up dirt on their coach so that they could fire him and not pay the buyout. Oh, and that means ncaa sanctions are coming. Does anyone really think that Matt Campbell, who could likely have any open job (CFB or NFL) he wanted, even remotely considers that job?? I mean, it’s pretty much the definition of a dumpster fire.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
I have a family friend who lives in Knoxville. Not everyone, but still many are much like Nebraska fans. I don't see them winning without a complete regime change, AD, Prez, etc.

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
I would love to see PJ Fleck’ shtick after getting obliterated by Georgia and Florida repeatedly.

Outside of Minnesota’s 11-2 season, he is 15-17 overall there. And in that 11-2 season, they beat SDSU by 7, Fresno State in 2OT, Georgia Southern by 3 and beat Purdue, Maryland, Rutgers, NW, Illinois, Nebraska, and Penn State. Basically ONE good win.

Paper Tiger. So Tennessee will probably hire him...

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
If only Tennessee fans realized they would have gotten an excellent coach in Greg Schiano but they thought they were better than him and made up a bunch of horrible things about him to make their AD balk. They think its funny we call the Tennessee program a dumpster fire, they are on their 3rd coach in 4 years..
So, you're saying letting Clay Travis influence a coaching search for them wasn't a great idea? Who would have thought?

Last edited: