PJ Fleck front runner for Tennessee job?

everyyard

Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
Matt Campbell readiness, school self assessment quiz:
1) Is one of your school colors black?
2) Are you willing to let HCMC change your school colors to black?
If you can’t answer at least one of these questions with YES, then you are not HCMC ready and should pick a different target to try to hire.

Last edited:

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Matt Campbell readiness school self assessment quiz:
1) Is one of your school colors black?
2) Are you willing to let HCMC change your school colors?
If you can’t answer at least one of these questions with YES, then you should pick a different target to try to hire.
I have seen TN wear black jerseys and overall grey unis :eek:

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Every game? Would their Boomer crowd tolerate them doing it in their biggest bowl game ever? The quiz doesn’t say ok with alternates. It says Change the school colors. If so, then they can continue.
Their creamsickle means too much to do every game.
TBH, their program has been worse than in State non P5 Memphis since the American was formed.

• Agree
Reactions: motorcy90

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Since the last time Campbell had zero interest ISU has won a NY6, finished top 10, finished alone atop a conference with a round robin schedule, and shown that their obstacle to playoff is a team they can beat.

Meanwhile at UT...

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Fleck would be a great choice for Tenn - he would clean up things there just like he's done at Minn after the Claeys mess.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Tennessee is an interesting job for an up and comer.

Pros.

You play in the SEC, which mean plenty of money for football and sit in a great recruiting area.
You have had past success in the sport, abet its been awhile ago.
You play in 102,000 seat stadium that fills up regularly.
You only play 8 conference games a year, so you can load up on creampuffs to get 4 easy wins.

Cons.

The schedule is a bear to say the least, you get Florida, Georgia on your side of the conference and your protected game played yearly from the other side of the conference is Alabama.
Instead of getting 4 creampuff games in the out of conference games, they also play teams like Oklahoma and others, almost guaranteeing another lose
UT has gone through 4 coaches since 2009 included Kiffin's one year at the school, so in the space of a dozen years, you will have gone through 5 coaches, one of which you ran off after he had gone 9-4 in back to back seasons. and was 4-6 when you fired him midseason.

Finally the school, like Nebraska has a fan base that thinks they are just one magical hire away from returning to the glory of the past and will show little to no patience with any coach that does not immediately show signs that he will have the program knocking on the door of the playoffs within a few years.

Last edited:

CYphyllis

Jun 22, 2010
I'd be more concerned if Vanderbilt was poking around.

I don't think I even mean that to simply be an ass, Tennessee is arguably the worst job to open up this cycle. Third coach/AD in four years, pile of losing seasons in the last decade plus, a fanbase with wildly out of touch expectations, a program hemorrhaging talent to the portal and upcoming NCAA penalties - that's a bad job. There is a reason Jeremy ******* Pruitt is who they ended up with last time around.

20eyes

May 15, 2020
I'd be more concerned if Vanderbilt was poking around.

I don't think I even mean that to simply be an ass, Tennessee is arguably the worst job to open up this cycle. Third coach/AD in four years, pile of losing seasons in the last decade plus, a fanbase with wildly out of touch expectations, a program hemorrhaging talent to the portal and upcoming NCAA penalties - that's a bad job. There is a reason Jeremy ******* Pruitt is who they ended up with last time around.
100% agree on Vandy...which is what these clown Tennessee fans will never understand. Matt could absolutely build a five star culture at Vanderbilt. At Phil Fulmer's slimy program...never.

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
I assume this is in response to the poster on the TN site that said the same thing. Maybe if @JM4CY actually gets on that site he can remind them that ISU is the birthplace of the computer!;)
Actually the sad part is their joke came after mine. Bad enough they want to take our coach, now they want to steal our humor.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron