Poll: College football vs weddings

A friend asks you to be in their wedding the same day as a home football game, do you

• attend the ceremony, but record the game.

Votes: 37 31.9%
  • show up, but wear a radio and an earbud.

Votes: 21 18.1%
  • politely decline, but send a nice gift.

Votes: 17 14.7%
  • ask your friend if they're insane!

Votes: 41 35.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Bad friend...bad, bad friend.

People pretty much know by now I'm relatively inaccessible once mid-August hits.

usedcarguy

Apr 12, 2008
Ames
I had a cousin who made this stupid mistake 28 years ago on ISU-EIU weekend. It was pretty humorous - it was time to stand at the front of the church and all the groomsmen snuck out a side door and were in a guy's car listenening to the radio.

We won 10-7.

If put in this situation, I would say: "You can get married several times throughout your life. But we only play EIU once a year.!"

Reactions: TykeClone

cytech

Apr 10, 2006
Hiawatha, Iowa
A couple hawkeye friends of mine(who also live in ames) are reaffirming their vows this year on the ISU Iowa game day. They got married while he was in the hospital last winter this is for their friends and family.

I happened to inform them before they selected the date, of the day of the game, yet they picked it away. Atleast I will be able to watch the game before the wedding.

HandSanitizer

Apr 19, 2006
Bondurant, IA
Please hand over your man card.

Unless it is your brother, which at this point you should beat him for not knowing better.

Its my sister and the future husband is a frequent visitor to this site. I think we are going to be ok since the game is at 11am.
Its Ok though...i will get over it.:wink:

everyyard

Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
Go to the game. Odds are, based on national trends, your friend will have another wedding and you can go to that one instead... assuming the idiot doesn't schedule it in the fall again. If so, I would wait for the third wedding.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Missed two cousin in law weddings last year because of ISU games..

though my best friend from college is getting married during the kNebraska game.

HandSanitizer

Apr 19, 2006
Bondurant, IA
Man you guys are brutal tonight....I figured it will be a great day because I will watch the game on TV and then go to the wedding and then celebrate an ISU win by drinking a lot. Good times...

Sousaclone

Apr 29, 2006
North of Seattle
FAll weddings aren't an issue. Just do what my sister and my soon to BIL did. Have the wedding friday night so you can go to the football game on Saturday. At least, I believe that's what the plan is.

FDCy83

May 15, 2008
FAll weddings aren't an issue. Just do what my sister and my soon to BIL did. Have the wedding friday night so you can go to the football game on Saturday. At least, I believe that's what the plan is.
They only problem with this is sooner or later, the anniversery will be on a football Saturday. Then you have to convince your other half to celebrate at the game. Good luck with that.

temperflare

Jul 9, 2007
Bondurant
This year I will be missing the Iowa Game and Texas A&M game due to Weddings. You know who you are................

Hey now... she's YOU'RE sister!!! She agreed to the terms and now she wants to change them. Talk some sense in to her will ya? This is killing me!!!!!!!!!!!

GO STATE!!!!!!

:biglaugh:

Reactions: CarolinaCy

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron