Predictions for the NDSU game....

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
Ok.... Obviously we have all predicted the outcome of the game but how are we going to get there? Who will be our offensive and defensive MVP's in this game. Are there any players that you think will surprise the fanbase with some impressive play? Newcomers? GO.

VictoryPolka

Jan 3, 2009
IC via Ankeny
I'm actually pretty excited to see Arnaud play. I think he's got a pretty serviceable offense at his disposal and I want to see how the offense has adjusted. Other than that, just how much the defense has improved since last season, mostly on the line is what I'm really interested in.

Also I want to see how PR controls the clock and making quick decisions. Probably won't be the most polished ship this first game, but then again, there shouldn't be too many of these late critical decisions, despite what all the NDSU posters are saying..

Reactions: cyfanatic

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
Nothing in depth here, ISU wins 45-13. If the game is within 20 points in the 4th quarter, ISU probably only wins 2 games this season.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
I am thinking "Money" is going to have a big game. I wouldn't be surprised to see him make a big splash in his debut and be our offensive MVP.

As for the defense I am just hoping that someone on the D-line can have a huge game and be our defensive MVP. Maybe Frere or Alburtis can really show that it was the system holding the d-line back last year and not a lack of talent.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Predictions for the NDSU game.....

Pain...

Rocky_Clubber_Lang_Magnet.jpg

Reactions: CycloneErik

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
38-10 ISU. I think there will be a couple bumps along the way with the new system that will keep us from really blowing this thing open.

KMAC_ATTACK

Feb 20, 2007
Waterloo
I am thinking "Money" is going to have a big game. I wouldn't be surprised to see him make a big splash in his debut and be our offensive MVP.

As for the defense I am just hoping that someone on the D-line can have a huge game and be our defensive MVP. Maybe Frere or Alburtis can really show that it was the system holding the d-line back last year and not a lack of talent.

GREAT POST.....this is right on the mark....well sort of...

I too see Money wanting to make a statement right out of the gate to shut up all the haters/questioners....

The defensive player that i see making the noise is either Frere or Christopher Lyle...I still say even under the old system the two players on our DL that played the best ball down the stretch last year were Frere and Lyle.....watch for #55 to have 2 sacks because ISU will get an early lead and force the bison to pass and then Frere will be getting early pressure pushing the qb outward to assist in the sacks....

Big game 38-13!!!!

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
GREAT POST.....this is right on the mark....well sort of...

I too see Money wanting to make a statement right out of the gate to shut up all the haters/questioners....

The defensive player that i see making the noise is either Frere or Christopher Lyle...I still say even under the old system the two players on our DL that played the best ball down the stretch last year were Frere and Lyle.....watch for #55 to have 2 sacks because ISU will get an early lead and force the bison to pass and then Frere will be getting early pressure pushing the qb outward to assist in the sacks....

Big game 38-13!!!!

I agree. It would be huge for our d-line to build some confidence right out of the blocks. Obviously Arnaud will have a great game but I am banking on Money being the explosive piece of the puzzle that our offense has been missing for several years. If our receivers can become a feared group then we are going to be in business with the running game as well. I can't help but think the style of our offense is going to open up the running game but only if we have a receiver that is going to command alot of the defenses attention. For that I think Money is going to be our man.

huckleberry

Sep 1, 2009
NDSU 28 IOWA ST 13

NDSU's defense is too good, the smash mouth football surprises ISU, and the wide open offense stub's it's toe's. I predict 5000+ bison fans as well.

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
NDSU 28 IOWA ST 13

NDSU's defense is too good, the smash mouth football surprises ISU, and the wide open offense stub's it's toe's. I predict 5000+ bison fans as well.

:biglaugh: Thanks for making my day. I haven't had a lot of laughs today. thank you.

CysMyGuy

Nov 2, 2006
Southlake TX
NDSU 28 IOWA ST 13

Time to stop smoking your grandmother's glaucoma medicine. You aren't playing NWMSU. We've seen plenty of smash mouth football and you won't bring anything that surprises us -- including 5K fans on a Thursday night. Thanks for coming.

huckleberry

Sep 1, 2009
well, I hope you guys reconsider talking so much smack before the game's even started. I mean seriously, I see outrageous predictions on this website over this game.

GaryJohnson

Sep 11, 2008
Chicago
well, I hope you guys reconsider talking so much smack before the game's even started. I mean seriously, I see outrageous predictions on this website over this game.

As compared to yours, which was completely rational, thoroughly researched and well thought-out...

bohlingspares

Aug 22, 2009
Zorbaz

Coming from a fan of a 6-5 1-AA team who DEMANDS that you respect them because they lost but kept it close to a horrible Wyoming team last year in front of less than 20,000 fans.

ISU 45-17

swammi

May 10, 2009
Apollo Beach, Florida
I'm worried about safety. The d line disrupts and the LB's & safeties clean up. It looks like one or more of our more athletic safeties may not start. Those guys are called on to make a lot of tackles in defense of the run.

I'm going to watch Reggie Stephens. His line calls will be very important and his blocking assignments crucial to our ability to run the football. NDSU D tackles getting a push upfield could disrupt us. Can't allow that.

I hope our punt return team gets a lot of work. If so, they need to execute well.

Win the TO battle (anybody think about what would have happened last year without 7 TO's by the Jackrabbits?)

Ball security on offense.

If we execute well, we will win.