Predictions for the NDSU game....

d4nim4l

Apr 23, 2008
West Des Moines, IA
What I want to see is...

Defense: Line gets pressure to force mistakes and win the turnover battle. Plugs gaps or opens specific gaps to let the linebackers fill. Linebackers don't make the mistakes last year of being sucked in to the mess on the line and stay with their assignments. Safety play is consistent. Not wowing anybody but jsut doing their jobs.

Offense: Opening holes for the running game and protecting Arnaud. Less boneheaded mistakes (Ex: Arnaud's pick on a screen vs Kansas). Arnaud going through his progressions when needed. Red zone efficiency.

Dave19642006

Nov 21, 2006
Des Moines
well, I hope you guys reconsider talking so much smack before the game's even started. I mean seriously, I see outrageous predictions on this website over this game.

Bisons have to forfiet the game after the first half since the score is so bad

ISU 84....Bisons 0 after the first half...... thats a outrageous prediction

ISU 31 Bisons 24

I say 24 points for the Bisons, till I see the first game and see what is in the works. Spring games dont help. Need the pads on to see what counts first. Not impressed with the Defense YET. Offense has some new players with hype. Lets see what happens ....A "W" is a start

Haverhill

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 4, 2009
Ames
www.twitter.com
I'll admit, we are being a little too optimistic here. My prediction is 41-21 but a 28-21 victory with a 21-21 tie in the 4th will not surprise me one bit.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
I'll admit, we are being a little too optimistic here. My prediction is 41-21 but a 28-21 victory with a 21-21 tie in the 4th will not surprise me one bit.

It would shock me. We are playing a 6-5 FCS team that lost their best talent. Their qb is a turnover machine and their defense is undersized. If we don't absolutely destroy these guys then we are in BIG, BIG trouble.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
I do what I can.:smile:

I'm pretty much hoping that we just smack them around early, and then pour it on with relentless intensity. That's my dream for tomorrow night.

And then maybe a stop at bisonville.com on Friday.......

I am with you. I am not going to go to Bisonville to gloat. Just to read some of the excuses they are making.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Fun post there from The Bisonator (excerpted): My intuition is telling me that the game will go down to a last minute TD or FG from either side, but the fearful side in me is thinking that Mertens will throw 6 picks and we'll lose 55-10.

Dave19642006

Nov 21, 2006
Des Moines
That would be most of it. I think there will be plenty of people there for a discussion with lakesbison. I'm just guessing, but I think he'll probably draw himself a crowd.

Easy Nellie.......remember the Toledo games and Army games-New Coach, new system, new players....

Cy Hard

Jan 5, 2008
Polka City
I predict tailgating til toasted, watching ISU roll little Bison, figuring out if the girls from NDSU are bigger than the football players, and having a few more when it's all said and done.