Prohm to Alabama?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Alabama is not a better basketball school than Iowa State. Period.

That is currently true, but every program, especially ones that print money, is a hire away from relevance.

Conversely, every program like Iowa State, is a hire away from being irrelevant.

It will be really interesting to see how much Auburn’s success will motivate them.

Also, don’t forget about LSU

Cyder91

Jul 19, 2018
It is baffling to me how some on here actually want Fred over Prohm...Fred is never ever returning to coach at ISU...ever.

What is really going to sting is if Prohm leaves and Fred still hasn’t taken a job and declines ISU...Wanna see Fred legend status plummet...wait until that happens..

But it won’t...Prohm isn’t leaving ISU for quite some time which is good.

Fred can go to Lincoln..good luck in that sh@$ hole...
Loved Fred as player and coach....I have moved on. Don't give a ****. As far Prohm, so far I have no major complaints. Sure there are things that he can do differently at times, but no coach is perfect...not even Fred.

As long as CSP is doing well here, I think he will stay. I really think he is happy here (when half the CF posters aren't calling for him to leave). How many times do you hear him compliment our fan base. He really appreciates it because he know what it isn't at other places. He knows it's special and he knows it won't compare to a place like his alma mater.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Proving you didnt actually read a damn thing i said this year.

I repeatedly said that he should still be here next year, but that people like you were being awful in piling on people who had any legitimate criticism of Prohm- and i think most rational people can see room for improvement, particularly in gameday coaching, even though he's still a solid coach overall. Its funny, you think i'm someone who hates prohm, yet i have a couple other friends who see me as one of his defenders.

Great post. I still don't get why everything on here is either/or about everything.

If you showed the same nuance in the Cave, you'd be the best poster on this board.

:)

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

Cyder91

Jul 19, 2018
Gotta think the pressure would be on JP to go get Fred, or failing that, to go get TJ immediately.
Fred doesn't want to come back to Ames.......they have no lives of their own in that fishbowl. JP knows that and wouldn't even give him a courtesy call.

Cyder91

Jul 19, 2018
JP will give CSP a $300K raise and some more accelerators for Big 12 wins and everything will be fine. As long as Iowa State has Campbell JP has much more flexibility than he did when CFH was around.
THIS......CMC success creates cash flow for JP.....this creates more opportunities and flexibility in regard to CSP.

Cyder91

Jul 19, 2018
JP wouldn’t even call Hoiberg imo. I don’t think he was “comfortable” taking a backseat to Hoiberg.
I agree he wouldn't call him but not for your reason. He wouldn't call fred because JP knows that they just didn't like how the fans and community constantly smothered them. They couldn't live anywhere near a normal life out in public without being bothered.

Last edited:

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
I agree he wouldn't call him but not for your reason. He wouldn't call fred because JP knows that they just didn't like how the fans and community constantly smothered them. They could live anywhere near normal life out in public without being bothered.
Ask Frost how that is in Lincoln.

Status
Not open for further replies.