Prohm to Alabama?

Status
Not open for further replies.

clones8232

Jun 5, 2015
Prohm will probably coach both va tech and Alabama (at the same time) and Fred returns to Ames (under tj) to coach out of bounds plays

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa

So is this happening tomorrow or does he get to finish the season at ISU. The whole speculation thing sucks no matter when it happens. It is just not fair to his current players to do it at this point in the season. These are 19-22 year old kids that are here partly because of the coach.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
If Alabama does fire Johnson and that’s a big IF, who could they turn to? The logical choice could be Iowa State head coach Steve Prohm, who is an Alabama grad.

Prohm’s team just took down Kansas in the Big 12 Tournament and may face Auburn in the Midwest Region if both teams win their opening-round game in the NCAA Tournament. A few Tide fans are already predicting this will take place soon.

https://fanbuzz.com/college-basketball/ncaa-sec/possible-avery-johnson-replacement/

Y'all are talking about Hoiberg while this is being discussed.

Seems like a ban for the duration of the NCAA tournament would be in order!

• Agree
Reactions: discydisc

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Really dont think that's going to happen. Believe that he got a Bama offer and picked us instead

He’s at different point of his career now.

But it’s comedy to read all these responses worried about him possibly going somewhere from people that as late as last Wednesday were eviscerating him on this very board.

#returntothedarkdaysofCyclonebasketball

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Really dont think that's going to happen. Believe that he got a Bama offer and picked us instead

Maybe you're talking about something else, but Avery Johnson was hired in early April.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
Maybe you're talking about something else, but Avery Johnson was hired in early April.
Prohm and Johnson were both hired to their respective jobs for the 15-16 season, and I remember Prohm having an Alabama offer before Johnson was hired there. Fan support is what lead us to get him over them, IIRC

Reactions: Cyclonepride

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Prohm and Johnson were both hired to their respective jobs for the 15-16 season, and I remember Prohm having an Alabama offer before Johnson was hired there. Fan support is what lead us to get him over them, IIRC

That makes 0 sense because prohm wasn’t hired until june.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016

Johnson was hired April 6th and Prohm was hired June 8th.

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
This is a tough spot, but I think there are a few things working in our favor. The first is that ISU is going to return a great team (even if THT goes pro), Prohm has a significant buyout that I doubt Alabama will cover it. Prohm is due for a raise after this season from Pollard as well. If I had to put a number on it, I would say I’m 90% sure he stays put. Every tourney game he wins also helps our odds as well because it prolongs the time frame for Alabama’s coaching search as I don’t see our coach leaving mid-tourney.

Status
Not open for further replies.