Pulling the plug on cable

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
The biggest problem with Mediacom for me was since they went 100% digital (WDM) you need to rent a cable box from them to get any signal on your non-tivo tvs. As a multi-tv house (embarrassed to say how many) that was $7 each that added up. That plus since all TVs are wall mounted (no cords) there was no place to put the cable box. That was the end for me. Went from $330 mediacom all in to Mediacom internet for 90 and YTTV for 80ish. Pretty big savings on top of convenience. A few weeks in and loving YTTV.
If in WDM should see if your neighborhood is ready for Google Fiber. $70 internet and can be done with Mediacom.

cycloneshort

Jan 19, 2017
I need to figure out some recourse here.

I’m in Ankeny and have Hulu live tv with espn+. I’d like to watch the MN wild but I continuously get blocked from accessing for being in a blackout zone. Like I said, in Ankeny, there are no local channels that carry them. What the hell do I do other than streameast??

Last edited:

Icky_Mettle

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 19, 2006
Ames
I need to figure out some recourse here.

I’m in Ankeny and ha bff e Hulu live tv with espn+. I’d like to watch the MN wild but I continuously get blocked from accessing for being in a blackout zone. Like I said, in Ankeny, there are no local channels that carry them. What the he’ll do I do other than streameast??
You can buy Bally Sports plus.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron