Pulling the plug on cable

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
A few things to add. With Hulu w/Live you do have to pay up if you want unlimited screens, which means you can have as many TVs in your house as you want all with the ability to air different Hulu w/Live channels. I think it's $10/month. But that's something you'll absolutely want to get if you have wife, kids, etc. who'll all want to watch different stuff at the same time.

Also, Hulu w/Live doesn't include AMC. When I was deciding between Hulu and YTTV, I chose Hulu because it had History Channel and YTTV didn't. YTTV has AMC and Hulu doesn't. Not really that close a choice for me because History is one of my top channels, but it does suck not having AMC, they play some really good movies.
Yeah, that is true. I don't pay for the unlimited screens. Just the 2 screens that are included. 2 screens are usually enough for us. Especially a few other media apps to watch seems we don't have too much trouble.

But, I can see it being an issue in some houses, especially with a couple teens and several tvs.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Hulu has fox and FS1, they dont have Bally sports yet though which sucks.

Clonedogg

Sep 4, 2009
CR, IA
biblehub.com
I posted this in a like thread but am adding it here to share the knowledge...

I chose Hulu because we already do Disney+ and AmEx has an offer for $7 monthly bill credit (for 12 months), to any of the Hulu/Disney/ESPN+ over 13.99.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
And NFL ticket for some extra coin
I did that also. Also added the 4k option. With Metronet, YTTV, we pay half of what Mediacom was charging as we had phone, internet, and cable.

4k will also allow our kids at their places to stream and the wife and I can each stream from different devices.

Last edited:

cycloneshort

Jan 19, 2017
We switched from DirecTV streaming to Hulu, and I have some regrets. It limits you to 3 location changes in a year, so you can’t cast to TVs that aren’t in your own home. I have also had several challenges watching sports other than football. There is no access to Bally sports with Hulu. The one thing Hulu does have is original content with TV and Movies. I’d consider a switch to YouTube TV

Reactions: cycloner29