Status
Not open for further replies.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Knock on wood way better than last time, more experience plus a better delivery experience helps. And new baby boy has done some 4 hr chunks which is nice. We'll see if it lasts!

Hope you guys are having fun driving all over this summer!
We are! It's getting us out of the house. It's nice to have something to keep us busy. Between that & the deck & addition, we have a LOT going on. :)

Reactions: cowgirl836

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Two day sweep of the 8 counties in the NW corner. We were going to spend the night in Sioux Falls, but there were three concerts in town and no rooms at the inns. We finally ended up in Worthington, MN. Yikes!
If you went through my area, you were way out of your way to worthington. You forgot @cmjh10 also then.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Two day sweep of the 8 counties in the NW corner. We were going to spend the night in Sioux Falls, but there were three concerts in town and no rooms at the inns. We finally ended up in Worthington, MN. Yikes!

Albert Lea was very full also, Baseball tournaments in town.

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
If you went through my area, you were way out of your way to worthington. You forgot @cmjh10 also then.
Yes, we WERE way out of our way in Worthington. Our route was:
Saturday
Palo Alto
Clay
O'Brien
Sioux

Planned to spend the night in Sioux Falls, but NoooOOOOooo...So Worthington instead.

Sunday
Lyon
Osceola
Dickinson
Emmet

In addition to picking up caches in each of the county seats, we also found 10 Bucky's Burma Shave sign series (there is one in each of 81 of the 99 counties). We got the ones in the 8 counties we visited and picked up Kossuth and Webster on the way home (we already had the county seats caches for those two). So, a total of 18 caches in two days. We had a great time. :D

Reactions: NWICY and BCClone

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Incredible how I can be marked out of the office and not even logged into Teams yet people still keep sending me messages asking me for stuff.

• Dislike
Reactions: NWICY

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I sent an email with a question to an idiot manager on June 18th. They finally replied today.

"I don't know what that is so I am of no help"

I pretty much expected an answer like that.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
225096855_10159565529142700_9182040400066574533_n.jpg

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
I was driving to get pizza tonight and thinking I missed being active in this thread. Hope everyone is well. We are six weeks in tomorrow with the 2nd and celebrated a 3 year old this weekend. Idk how cause it was just last week I was rum brooklyn I swear.
Little bodies in one's house on a 24-hour basis can do that to one's memory :)

Reactions: cowgirl836

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Making some tough decisions about our old man today. Mel turned 18 this month. In recent years he has "shrunk" as most aging cats seem to do. He was never a large cat; in his prime he was around 9 lbs. Up until a few months ago he was maintaining a farely steady weight of about 7 lbs. In April he started drastically losing weight, and went down to about 5.3 lbs. We got him on a new special diet plus steroids and vitamin B12 shots and he gained back to almost 7 lbs. In the last couple of weeks he has started dropping weight again. He's back down to 5.3 lbs.

Conversations with the vet have left three options. Right now, he's pretty sure that Mel has pancreatitis with associated IBD, and we had been treating Mel accordingly.
A biopsy (under anesthesia) to check for cancer in his intestines...which, if found, could be put into remission but probably not cured with intense chemo. We ruled that one out, not because of expense but because of quality of life. He's at risk for the anesthesia, and the chemo protocol is tough on younger cats, let alone a geriatric cat like Mel.
Do a blood test for a disease called pancreatic insufficiency and adjust Mel's meds if it shows as positive.
Add a drug to his current regimen that specifically targets the IBD...which takes 6-8 weeks to start showing results.
We've decided to go with the blood test. If it's negative then we will boost the IBD meds. I'm mostly processing my thoughts here.

TL, DR - Mel is slipping away and he has been a part of our lives for over sixteen years. It's not easy watching this happen. :(

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Off-Topic board has been pretty dead. I guess all the action is people fretting over the OU and TX destroying the Big12.
It bothers me but I just can't spend so much time worrying about something of which I have 0% control.

• Agree

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Had sweet corn and ring bologna on the grill last night, pretty darn good. It pretty darn neat how well the silks just pull back from the ear when they cook on the grill like that.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Random:

My home town has had the same mayor since 1974. He's not running for reelection. I had him as a teacher back in the 1960's.

• Informative

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Random:

My home town has had the same mayor since 1974. He's not running for reelection. I had him as a teacher back in the 1960's.

Was back home last week in E. Iowa and an old buddy was talking about his short time as mayor a few years back.

Basically made it sound like a Parks and Rec episode with the town hall meetings.

Status
Not open for further replies.