Random Thoughts 15: Crystal Clear 2021 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Something for @wxman1 to get him fired up for his Oshkosh vacation. Failed on the slow shutter speed to blur props (planes out of focus) so went high speed and got this on of the Navy WWII planes. Had less luck with the shiny unpainted planes...dat high sun and light background.

View attachment 87346

They are practicing over my place the last couple days. Doesn't matter what I'm doing, the sound of these planes stirs something up inside of a guy and you have to go see...

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Anyone ever had their roof cleaned? I noticed some moss on mine, and after doing some research it seems its something I should have done. I had one company quote me $800.00 and another $700.00; seems high but maybe that's the going rate nowadays.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Anyone ever had their roof cleaned? I noticed some moss on mine, and after doing some research it seems its something I should have done. I had one company quote me $800.00 and another $700.00; seems high but maybe that's the going rate nowadays.

My north side was getting a lot of moss on it so last year I dragged a hose up and sprayed most of it off. Was careful not to lift, break shingles or spray hard enough to remove the granular shingle coating. Also sprayed just hard enough to off some of the lichen. I have too much landscape to use chemicals to kill the stuff.

Full Disclosure: My roof is not too steep (4/12 pitch) and safely (mostly) walkable even for a old dude like me.

Last edited:

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Good wkend at work had a couple of mild hiccups but nothing too bad. They took us to a minor league BB game free food and drink till the end of the 7th, fireworks at the end of the game. Home team even got the W. Luckily they broke the tie in the 7th wasn't looking forward to extra innings. LOL. The last hr today was spent just waiting for 1 thing to finish up before I could leave, so took a little longer but it was just waiting around so no big deal. Latest I've finished on a Sun probably all summer.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Randoms:
  • May need to rethink my cayenne pepper "pinches" after years of using some really old cayenne and having bought some not age weakened new stock.
  • Airplane photography is hard when you are not close and the sky is hazy with smoke. Or just hard period.
  • Another 90 degree bike outing. DND. Saw no corgi. :(
  • The neighbors dog loves me. However, it's money bought love. #marrowbonetreats
  • I am going to find it and kill it. That rabbit.
  • Waved and smiled at the ******* neighbor behind me that hates my guts. :rolleyes:
  • I sometimes miss old RTT with Hawaii based up all night @cyrocksmypants and @cowgirl836 dodgeball and kickball updates.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Essentially after a month of seeing family, which was great, it also meant eating lots of food off the rails of what I strive for.

Time to get back to leaning it up.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Randoms:
  • May need to rethink my cayenne pepper "pinches" after years of using some really old cayenne and having bought some not age weakened new stock.
  • Airplane photography is hard when you are not close and the sky is hazy with smoke. Or just hard period.
  • Another 90 degree bike outing. DND. Saw no corgi. :(
  • The neighbors dog loves me. However, it's money bought love. #marrowbonetreats
  • I am going to find it and kill it. That rabbit.
  • Waved and smiled at the ******* neighbor behind me that hates my guts. :rolleyes:
  • I sometimes miss old RTT with Hawaii based up all night @cyrocksmypants and @cowgirl836 dodgeball and kickball updates.

I was driving to get pizza tonight and thinking I missed being active in this thread. Hope everyone is well. We are six weeks in tomorrow with the 2nd and celebrated a 3 year old this weekend. Idk how cause it was just last week I was rum brooklyn I swear.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I threw a frisbee on my roof hoping for makayla to show up and get it for me. It didn’t happen.

I think the 1st guy in that commercial looks like JBO, same haircut and everything, not the guy who throws it on the roof at the end but the other guy.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
My wife and I just returned home after dropping our oldest son off. He's leaving for Ft. Leonard Wood, MO for boot camp and job training in the Army National Guard and we will not be seeing him for several months.

We're very proud of his character and commitment to service but this a weird feeling for us.
I know these emotions well.
I sent one son off to Pendleton for USMC boot in April 2001. The corps later sent him to college and gave him a commission, then sent him to Afghanistan. Twice. And Okinawa. Twice. He now holds the rank of major and will "retire" next year after 21 years in the corps.
I sent a second son to Lackland for USAF boot in November 2001. He was supposed to go in late September but that plan got shot all to heck when 9/11 happened and they shut down all the bases. He did a tour in Baghdad in 2005 then spent the remainder of his 8 years with the B-2s at Whiteman in Missouri (so sorta close to home) and several deployments with them to Guam.
I'd like to tell you it gets easier when they deploy, but it doesn't. I counted my blessings when they were in Oki & Guam, because at least in those places, no one was actively shooting at them or trying to blow them up.

Be proud of him...hope that he performs his duties with honor, and returns home safely after deployments.

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
E7KgQWlXEAERl1N
You and I will never be IRL friends. You would NEVER be allowed to turn off ANY fan. :D

Reactions: Die4Cy

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I think the 1st guy in that commercial looks like JBO, same haircut and everything, not the guy who throws it on the roof at the end but the other guy.
The second time is just bad. At least have the other guy appear to be being thrown to. The guy is to his left and he chucks it straight on the roof.

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
I was driving to get pizza tonight and thinking I missed being active in this thread. Hope everyone is well. We are six weeks in tomorrow with the 2nd and celebrated a 3 year old this weekend. Idk how cause it was just last week I was rum brooklyn I swear.
I was seriously just thinking about you today, and hoping all is going well for you!

• Friendly
Reactions: cowgirl836

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
I was seriously just thinking about you today, and hoping all is going well for you!

Knock on wood way better than last time, more experience plus a better delivery experience helps. And new baby boy has done some 4 hr chunks which is nice. We'll see if it lasts!

Hope you guys are having fun driving all over this summer!

Status
Not open for further replies.