Random Thoughts 18: The Year of Fire

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Neighbor asked how much I charge to mow and trim my other neighbor’s yard. I told her $40. Their 40 year old son who doesn’t have a job needs to pay off his $1800 OWI. They are going to pay him to mow. How messed up is that?

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
We were scheduled for early April, but life got in the way. One time we had to cancel, and the other time, he had a guy call in sick for a full week so he just didn't have enough live bodies to do all the scheduled checks. We're on for Friday - hopefully that will happen now!

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
What are you going against the family grain on?
I sense a backstory...
Well in 1989 I was born...

Semi kidding. Long story as short as possible because (IMO) it is so dumb. I have one older sister that is 3.5 years older than me. She is unmarried (never dated), lives alone, works a low paying essentially administrative job and has recently picked up a second job on the weekends filling grocery orders at Wal-Mart. She is highly dependent on my parents, has dinner with them several times a week and my dad might as well be her landlord as he does all of the upkeep and maintenance at her house.

I say all that to give you background on the dynamics at play and to also add that she has ALWAYS had some kind of mental health issues that unfortunately due to timing in the world went undiagnosed/treated for at lest the first 20-25 years of her life.

So the current issue is the longstanding issue that she is incredibly afraid of my parents dying because she will have no one else to care for her etc. because I don't. Well IMO that doesn't give me enough credit because as I reiterated last night I have a family that is my ultimate priority beyond anything else. Somehow that set them all off saying "we aren't your family?" AS;LDFJEA;SODJGFALI;SJDFP;

A contributing factor is that yesterday was her birthday, I wished her a happy birthday but apparently because we didn't get her anything that means we don't love her (which to be honest is so ******* hard to do to begin with. SHE IS 38! I want to ask them if they still get their siblings gifts. We don't get MrsWx's three siblings birthday presents nor her parents.

Anyway thanks for yet again being Wx's therapy.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I was having weird dreams about delivery drivers just before I woke up. They were delivering packages sequentially, starting at about 5 am. They would set the package down, ring the bell, run back to their vehicle and roar away down the drive. There were about a half dozen of them, one every 5-10 minutes (in the dream), like a demented adult version of ding dong ditch.

Woke up earlier than I wanted to and just realized it was May Day. Maybe my dream got tangled up with that?

• Agree
  • Funny
Reactions: Ms3r4ISU and NWICY

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
I was having weird dreams about delivery drivers just before I woke up. They were delivering packages sequentially, starting at about 5 am. They would set the package down, ring the bell, run back to their vehicle and roar away down the drive. There were about a half dozen of them, one every 5-10 minutes (in the dream), like a demented adult version of ding dong ditch.

Woke up earlier than I wanted to and just realized it was May Day. Maybe my dream got tangled up with that?
I had a dream that I was squeezing a bunch of worm and stuff out of my arms like popping a pimple. Woke up full on WTAF....

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron