Shoutout Rocco Becht

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I have never seen someone get below a 30 before god damn
3rd year in the program too. Still room to grow and develop a bit, but he should be a competent starter by next year or we should be ready to move on.

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
Post the Ohio offense's grades for comparison
Anything 70 and above is a good score.
90 is playing at a First Team All-Conference or All-American level.
If your QB gets a 90, that's usually good enough to beat Top 15 teams in the country... let alone a MAC team
(I only count the Pass rating for our QBs. I don't care about his run blocking...)

Reactions: Billups06

Billups06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 18, 2006
A big YIKES looking at both offensive tackle grades.

I hope that game was the floor for many things on offense: play calling, run blocking, scheme/personnel (should never see more than one of Dean, Moore, or Burkle on the field at the same time).

BACyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2011
Reinbeck, IA
I didn't get to watch much of the game live, so I didn't see the report about the illness until Sunday. But funny thing was I thought every time I was watching, 'man these guys look like they are sleep-walking through this game'.

I guess that was pretty close to accurate. I can't imagine playing football and feeling like that.

There are structural issues with the scheme. But feeling like your stomach is inside out cannot help. Hopefully they can recover this week AND discover some new ways to scheme plays that get players into open grass.

convoluteme

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 29, 2019
And despite being sick Rocco fought the whole game. When the RBs would bounce outside after our OL failed to open a single hole, Rocco would go and block anyone he could to help the play. He's a fighter and a leader and I think he can be great.

Last edited:

Cfinnerty16

Visual Analytics Czar
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2021
West Des Moines
And despite being sick Rocco fought the whole game. When the RBs would bounce outside after our OL failed to open a single whole, Rocco would go and block anyone he could to help the play. He's a fighter and a leader and I think he can be great.
(its why our QB scored higher on run blocking than offensive line besides 1 which is so sad)

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
And despite being sick Rocco fought the whole game. When the RBs would bounce outside after our OL failed to open a single whole, Rocco would go and block anyone he could to help the play. He's a fighter and a leader and I think he can be great.

I would hope so after watching the tape back from the Iowa game.

SouthJerseyCy

Sep 6, 2008
You serious, Clark? There's some obvious little things. He has good touch on the deep ball but has overthrown a couple this year by just a few yards, that's an easy fix. There was a great pass break up by an Ohio LB that wouldn't have been a break up if he led the TE by 1 more yard, easy fix. The last pick he just didn't see the safety closing before he let the ball go, more experience and he'll see those things. He has Purdy potential if the staff just let's him play.
You're probably way better at evaluating talent than me, so I hope you're right.

TitanClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 21, 2008
You're probably way better at evaluating talent than me, so I hope you're right.
I've never played a down of football outside of intramural flag in college. I have watched every down ISU's played since 95 or 96. Rocco is the 4th best QB we've had in that time already. Purdy, Sage, Seneca. Meyer's and Arnaud lead the third or second tier

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I've never played a down of football outside of intramural flag in college. I have watched every down ISU's played since 95 or 96. Rocco is the 4th best QB we've had in that time already. Purdy, Sage, Seneca. Meyer's and Arnaud lead the third or second tier

Based on what exactly???

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
The few plays he was aloud to throw. Name 1 not named Purdy, Sage or Seneca. He's shown more than Kempt and Lanning

There’s 2. And I’ll just preface this by saying I think Meyer and Armand are two of the most overrated players in ISU history, but I’m going to need to see more than 80 attempts with a QBR in the 50’s and two game losing picks before I put him anywhere on a list that isn’t next to Sam Richardson, Jacob Park and zeb Noland.

ZRF

Jan 3, 2015
You serious, Clark? There's some obvious little things. He has good touch on the deep ball but has overthrown a couple this year by just a few yards, that's an easy fix. There was a great pass break up by an Ohio LB that wouldn't have been a break up if he led the TE by 1 more yard, easy fix. The last pick he just didn't see the safety closing before he let the ball go, more experience and he'll see those things. He has Purdy potential if the staff just let's him play.

He also has a stronger arm that Brock. The deep throws and TD pass are clear examples.

TitanClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 21, 2008
There’s 2. And I’ll just preface this by saying I think Meyer and Armand are two of the most overrated players in ISU history, but I’m going to need to see more than 80 attempts with a QBR in the 50’s and two game losing picks before I put him anywhere on a list that isn’t next to Sam Richardson, Jacob Park and zeb Noland.
Meyer's won with Blythe. Arnuad won with defense. Helping my point. Before Purdy there wasn't a good QB since Seneca. Sad reality. No question we need to see more. But Sam, Jacob and Zeb are the reality of CPR.