Since our ADs have asked us to be extra nice to each other......

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
When my kids get in fights I make them hug each other for 5 mins. So...who do we make from Iowa and Iowa State hug each other to smooth things out? My suggestion Chili Con Carne Mac has to hug Danny Mac.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Which makes it all the more amazing that Iowa beats Iowa State in everything despite being so amazingly outclassed in the Athletic Department office! My Lord, what would these numbers look like if Iowa had a competent AD!!??
Yeah I'd rather have some class than a win. You do you though.

• Winner
Reactions: cb1030

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Yeah how dare he make a press release and slander poor ole ISU, when he has a band member with broken ribs, what a rat b*stard!!!! Grow the **** up.

First it would be libel, (pretty basic knowledge there). Second, why attack ISU when it all comes out that the drummer broke his/her ribs by falling down the steps and landing on their drum. Are we to be responsible for the accidents of the Iowa band? Last, look in a mirror and figure out who needs to grow up.

MrPeske

Apr 11, 2006
downtown Des Moines
Alfraud, Steve alfraud, the enemy of my enemy is my friend. I liked him in college then I learned what a POS he is. Dang he sucks and doesn’t know it.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
With Barta as your AD, Fran as a coach, Brian F as a coach, Brands as a coach and a bunch of bad fans, the list is short on what to like and respect about Iowa athletics, if you are not a diehard fan.

johnnydugouts

Jan 11, 2013
Congrats on the win TB and of course good luck the rest of the way.

but man, it takes a small man or group of people, let alone a director of athletics, to do what was done. He answers to a small group of mega boosters that greedily control that university and that’s ok I guess, but still, that was a piss poor rotten decision by somebody.

Look at me, I’m on a free and anonymous message board and I’m still fired up about what happened.

This band thing might linger a little longer and deeper than you might guess. It might linger quietly pretty soon and of course be forgave by some, but his/their premeditated decision is going to be hard to forget by many, let alone his professional peers and goes way beyond sports.

Huge character and deep integrity flaws it appears, but he’s basically a yes man to a few mega boosters anyway so it runs deeper than just him.

The State of Iowa is compromised of a sea of hardworking prideful people. Many people don’t come from much. They fight a lot of battles. Fight tooth and nails just for a chance or opportunity to feel a little pride.

Iowa state isn’t any different and I don’t think the common people have any understanding of that, but that’s a whole other topic.

To have that really weak “maybe we got something presser” sent out knowing it would gain traction nationally without explaining it or having any backbone to the accusation isn’t just petty, unprofessional, or weak minded. It goes way beyond fandom, winning or losing, or even a really bad decision. That was a purposeful attempt to associate the whole Iowa State University institution with racism just as ISU was finally getting a good national spotlight.

It takes a certain person or in this case, group of people’s unhealthy agenda, to do that. I can forgive him/them but man, he/they have really showed their true spots and colors and those rarely change at that level.

You appear to be serious with this post, so you may be interested in reading the social media posts from iowa band members describing what happened before you go accusing people of making stuff up.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
You appear to be serious with this post, so you may be interested in reading the social media posts from iowa band members describing what happened before you go accusing people of making stuff up.

If this is true it sucks that someone got injured. There is also a lot of false info out there on what went down.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
First it would be libel, (pretty basic knowledge there). Second, why attack ISU when it all comes out that the drummer broke his/her ribs by falling down the steps and landing on their drum. Are we to be responsible for the accidents of the Iowa band? Last, look in a mirror and figure out who needs to grow up.
Stairs are tough I guess should have provided an escalator

Reactions: BCClone

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006

This may be the single most idiotic post I've ever seen on here. And considering the number of hawk losers who frequent this site, that's saying something. Now run along and get back to manning your fryer.

cb1030

Oct 6, 2017
JFC as if we needed any other reason to hate Hok fans. It's no wonder the tide is turning in this state. The insecurities of these idiots are obvious. It must suck to know the results head to head with us isn't keeping the next generation of kids from leaning cardinal and gold.