Socks...

When I put my socks on in the morning, I...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
I read somewhere that bear feet in the house was hard on carpet due to the oils in our bodies. No remember who states this but I just like the feel of socks (no shoes) in the house.
This is understandable.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Immediately!! If I just walk around in socks and I step in water/milk/juice/beer/mixed drink that was spilled. I might as well do this and go back to bed:

giphy.gif

Wet socks are like my biggest bugaboo!! Worse than fingernails on a chalkboard.

Need an option C. "if you notice holes in socks, grab another pair and put them on."
this needs to be C & D.

c. If you notice holes before you put them on, grab another pair...
d. If you notice holes after putting them on, leave them on.

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
As long as the shoes are dry and clean, do whatever you want. I'm fine with guests leaving shoes on. There has to be more bacteria/fungus, that can affect a human, living inside of a shoe and on someones socks than what is picked up on the outside of the shoe.

• Agree
Reactions: oldman and cycart

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
I'll wear socks in the house, especially in winter so my feet stay warm. I usually in the summer, I tend to not wear socks as I like the freedom of not having to wear them. So in the summer, I tend to put socks on when going outside. In winter, I tend to wear socks most of the time.

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
and special occasions in the bedroom. That's it.

Uh.... @Angie??

Anyway, for me it depends on the type of sock. Most of my work shoes require no-show socks, so I put those on right before I put on my shoes. Barefoot prior to that.

But I also have lots of very comfy socks that are expressly for walking around the house, and those stay on for awhile.

Edit: and @bosco, it is sock sock shoe shoe. Otherwise you're a filthy animal.

Gossamer

Apr 10, 2014
we have hardwood floors and pets...and if I see someone walking around in socks...or sliding around, as my kids do, it drives me nuts.

hair accumulation, holes...whatever, and the idea of putting dirty socks into shoes is incomprehensible.

Shoes go on IMMEDIATELY after socks go on. IMO.:cool:

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

Gossamer

Apr 10, 2014
Uh.... @Angie??

Anyway, for me it depends on the type of sock. Most of my work shoes require no-show socks, so I put those on right before I put on my shoes. Barefoot prior to that.

But I also have lots of very comfy socks that are expressly for walking around the house, and those stay on for awhile.

enter the "slipper"

Reactions: Angie

mywayorcyway

Mar 1, 2012
Phoenix
Unless I'm showering or sleeping, I have shoes on.

The better half is quite picky about our carpet, therefore I have a pair of inside tennis shoes and outside tennis shoes. I spent a lot of time changing shoes.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I work from home so none of this applies to me. But we have wood floors throughout, including all stairs and if your socks don’t have grip on the bottom you’re taking your life in to your own hands.