Socks...

When I put my socks on in the morning, I...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
What kind of monster walks around their house with shoes on?

More like what kind of monster wears socks? Gossamer almost always wears tennis shoes of some sort. No evidence he wears socks at all. Only seen him barefoot once, a barefoot stroll with Harley.

40504715_1742302635878531_3242611364002267136_n-740x431.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: jcyclonee

GrindingAway

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 27, 2006
The real questing is how do you put your socks and shoes on? Is it sock sock, shoe shoe or sock shoe, sock shoe?

I agree a much more interesting question. I had never thought about it until someone asked me. I was sure I was sock sock shoe shoe at the time, but starting paying attention and found I alternate between the options randomly which I find weird.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
As long as the shoes are dry and clean, do whatever you want. I'm fine with guests leaving shoes on. There has to be more bacteria/fungus, that can affect a human, living inside of a shoe and on someones socks than what is picked up on the outside of the shoe.

This is a good post. I think people don’t appreciate the amount of R&D that goes in to carpet.

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
I always have shoes on and it annoys the crap out of my wife. I just feel more comfortable in shoes than just socks. For those that burn through socks too, the Reebok ones from sams are cheap and high quality.

Side note. They are always real shoes too. I can’t stand wearing mandles.

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
I'm left sock, right sock, left shoe, right shoe. I put them on right away, because my gut is big and I can only hold my breath for so long. Home from work, shoes come off, moccasins go on. Summer is barefoot weather.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
I don't like wearing shoes in the house. I also don't like wearing socks in the house. When I choose to leave, socks and shoes in the appropriate order than out. When I get home shoes come off as do socks.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
I'm left sock, right sock, left shoe, right shoe. I put them on right away, because my gut is big and I can only hold my breath for so long. Home from work, shoes come off, moccasins go on. Summer is barefoot weather.

Tangent - I find myself getting out of breath when putting on socks. I think there's something wrong with the socks.

thatguy

May 29, 2009
DENVER
socks are the worst. putting socks on in the morning is the worst part of my day, and the best part? You guessed it; it is when i get home and take them off.

used to wear flip flops and slides all year in Ames. Like, I HATE SOCKS. Only reason I wear them now is because I don't want my shoes to smell, so I get the thinnest socks Amazon offers.

Isualum13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2018
A little sock life hack for you folks. my mother read about this and had us do it growing up. Use safety pins to keep pairs of socks together in the wash so you dont need to spend time matching socks. pin them together when youtake them off. Need to be decent quality safety pins or they will come open. I do it occasionally now as an adult but living alone it isn't a beneficial as it was when we had 6 people in the house. I also have maybe three different types of socks I wear regularly so matching is less of an issue for me.

Reactions: harimad

STATE12

Jul 8, 2015
Those that wear shoes in the house:

Do you not use public restrooms throughout your day? I'm not even a germophobe, but the thought of that floor alone being tracked through my comfort areas where I relax makes me throw up in my mouth a little bit.

Help Support Us

Become a patron