Speculation: Ter'ran benton likely gone or maybe staying?

cyismydog

Apr 13, 2006
Ter'ran's facebook status: "Good chance you won't see me here next semester.":sad:

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
frankly, if there were players here because of Chizik and not because of ISU, I don't mind seeing them go.

We need players who have pride in their school and not just their coach.

akellar

Nov 28, 2008
Stuart, IA
frankly, if there were players here because of Chizik and not because of ISU, I don't mind seeing them go.

I don't know what world you live in but in major college sports, the players almost always go to the school because of the coach, not the university.

ISUclones33

Nov 26, 2006
He is going to think it over christmas break, and do whats best for him after discussing with his family. dont jump on his back

cyismydog

Apr 13, 2006
Talked to him just now, said he has a lot of thinking to do, but may stay at ISU because he loves the fans so much.

CycloneWanderer

Nov 4, 2007
Wandering
Why are people saying good riddance? They were not put in a good position and it is NOT their fault. Blame the person whose fault it is, not the person thrown in a position they weren't anticipating.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Please, please, please - no more "X player is leaving" threads. Lots of confusion by the players - much can change.

Drive4cy

Nov 17, 2006
I get so tired of hearing fans on here jump on the backs of players who are considering leaving. Good grief people, they're going through a lot. Have some respect for the situation.

Reactions: Angie

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Why are people saying good riddance? They were not put in a good position and it is NOT their fault. Blame the person whose fault it is, not the person thrown in a position they weren't anticipating.

Right. This is a pretty new experience for them, and they're learning how to deal with it on the fly.

This was probably a better deal before people used the Internet so much. One lesson you hope people pick up on is to stay away from Facebook and other tools like that before they've calmed down.

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny
Give the players some time. They'll overreact and say things right away just like everyone here has.

MontyBurns

Jan 27, 2008
Let's not overreact. Most of the players may think about leaving but once we get a new coach and they get an idea of where they stand, most of them will end up staying.

ISU_Alum_2000

All-Star
Oct 21, 2006
Aliso Viejo, CA

Frankly, it sounds like you don't know much about the college football recruiting process, and the Father Figure their Coach can be.

The players come for the coach at a place like ISU, and build pride in their school and teammates over time. Their coach has abandoned them, and ISU must do it's best to take care of these kids until a new coach arrives.

We need to support them, not put them down.

ketelmeister

Oct 24, 2006
We want players to stay...and JP needs to get a coach and get a good one quickly. 33, would getting a Gill or Hoke take care of player attrition?

A-town Cy

Aug 4, 2006
Huxley
He is now, "**** happens for a reason. Just have to deal with. If I go I go, if I stay then its time to build a real football team"

I hope he and LJ stay.