Suggestion for ISU Ath Dept marketing team

twincyties

Dec 12, 2009
I post this knowing I’m going to get absolutely roasted, but I don’t get the juicy wiggle thing. At all.

Reactions: CrossCyed

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Why even have halftime shows? Do people really have time to watch after you throw in a bathroom or food break and time to text and surf?

Reactions: aauummm

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I post this knowing I’m going to get absolutely roasted, but I don’t get the juicy wiggle thing. At all.

Of course it isn't some objectively good song. But don't you associate it with some really great memories? That's why I love it. I remember cheering in Jack Trice on a cold October night, the team was kicking West Virginia's ass, the lights flashing and thinking how magical it was. I remember the 2020 West Virginia football game with a stadium a third full and Kene taking the ball to the end zone and Juicy Wiggle starting. I remember last year's Iowa basketball game when it started playing and I realized how much I had missed being in Hilton during COVID. It's the same thing with Sweet Caroline---I hear that song and I'm instantly happy because they play it after wins.

It's not about the song---it's about the emotions you feel when the song is played.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I watch the halftime shows and enjoy them. I go take a pee before the game and never eat at games (fb or bb) so I don't leave my seats once I get to them.

The people that sit in my rows are shocked if I leave in the middle of the game. Also, I can drink a bottle of pop and not have to go to the bathroom in a 2 hour game. Do people have bladders the size of children?

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I don't care for it or much of the music they played at JT a few years ago but if you want to bring him in, just win the natty and have him there to jam for the rally.

Pretty simple really.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I watch the halftime shows and enjoy them. I go take a pee before the game and never eat at games (fb or bb) so I don't leave my seats once I get to them.

Why don't you like paying $40 for three small food items?!

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Only because 5 for 5 with Ed ended. Ed was the GOAT

See I wouldn't mind see a lot more locally sponsored stuff like this. It should be about crowd involvement and fun. I mean there are like 2 acts a year that are semi-interesting.

Well I can't say that for the current era as I haven't had season tickets in quite some time.

Reactions: Drew0311

twincyties

Dec 12, 2009
Love Juicy Wiggle. And love Sweet Caroline. People don’t understand what makes a “tradition”.
I get that it is a tradition at this point. Question is really more about what inspired it in the first place. Seems totally random and such an obscure song.