Superbad-The movie

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
I rented it not expecting much but I thought it was the funniest movie of the year. Warning it has very crude language.

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
We wanted to rent it for tonight but all sold out. So the wife went out and bought it. Weve heard nothing but good things.

clones11

Apr 2, 2006
Marion
movie is hilarious, its unbelievable that Seth Rogan wrote that at 13 years old. the characters are absolutely money, the only thing is it drags on a little bit but it is funny all the way through.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
My fiance and I watched it last night, and it's definitely worth picking up. Some very, very funny parts. They kind of beat you over the head with the idea that male friends can care about each other, when they could have gotten the point across in a much more subtle, and less awkward way. But overall very good.

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
My fiance and I watched it last night, and it's definitely worth picking up. Some very, very funny parts. They kind of beat you over the head with the idea that male friends can care about each other, when they could have gotten the point across in a much more subtle, and less awkward way. But overall very good.

The awkward parts were some of the funniest ... its a really good flick, but yes lots and lots of naughty words

wheels686

Oct 25, 2006
Grinnell, IA
It was so funny, I wasnt expecting a whole lot but turned out real good. Definetely an excessive amount of cursing. but funny

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
A friend gave it to us, we were going to watch it last night, but we got home too late... Sounds like it will be worth giving a shot tonight.

HILLCYD

Nov 22, 2006
I bought the DVD and watched it last night, HILARIOUS. I can see myself watching it many more times.

McLovin....Out

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I don't know if anyone was a fan of "Arrested Development", but nobody can do awkward like Michael Cera. That kid is hilarious.

We went and saw this twice in the theaters, and then went and got the deluxe edition on Tuesday. It's not art cinema or anything, but it's hilarious. Seth's "art" killed me.

Cyfan322

Mar 31, 2006
Ames
I don't know if anyone was a fan of "Arrested Development", but nobody can do awkward like Michael Cera. That kid is hilarious.

Arrested developement was one of the funiest shows ever. Too bad that no one watched it.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Arrested developement was one of the funiest shows ever. Too bad that no one watched it.

I agree!! David Cross' character (Tobias) and his "never-nude" stuff destroyed me. I loved Gob (Will Arnett), too - yes, it may be the same character Will Arnett ALWAYS plays, but it was so hilarious.

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
I agree!! David Cross' character (Tobias) and his "never-nude" stuff destroyed me. I loved Gob (Will Arnett), too - yes, it may be the same character Will Arnett ALWAYS plays, but it was so hilarious.

You mean you don't wear cutoffs under your everyday clothes???

I don't know if there will ever be a show quite like AD; you have to watch it multiple times to get all the jokes and references.

Why can't the masses "get" stuff like this so good shows don't get cancelled? I can't stand sitcoms with laugh tracks, and that seems to be what's popular.

BurgundyClone

Apr 15, 2007
East of Omaha
Agreed- AD was one of the few hilarious comedies of our time. I recommend people buying it on EBay and watching a full season.

AND SuperBad is laugh out loud the whole time, if a bit crude at times with the language. The cops are the best...

Cyclone_Power

Oct 23, 2006
Minneapolis
I also thought this movie was hilarious. I uh..."watched" it on my computer about a week after it was in theatres and just loved it. Can't wait to watch it in DVD quality though :)

Scott34

Mar 16, 2007
Cedar Rapids
I also went to Family video and it was sold out. I was so mad. I have heard nothing but great stuff about the movie and here I couldn't even get it.

jumbopackage

Sep 18, 2007
I thought it dragged on wayyyy too long. It was a pretty funny movie, just about 30 minutes too long.

Michael Cera is hilarious, though. Also, Arrested Development was the funniest show on TV. I haven't watched more than 10 minutes of Fox since that show went off the air.