The Fran fade

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
He isn't even top 10 of guys that have played for Fran.

So the leading 3 pt shooter in B1G history isn't one of Fran's Top players?

Listen, I am trying to agree with you here. I think what Fran has done with Iowa basketball will define the program for a long time.

I think Hok fans will look back 20 years from now at the Fran/Garza era wishing they could capture it again. This is as special as it gets!

• Funny
Reactions: KezClone and Rural

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
Holds two big records at Iowa so probably top 5

Exactly - I am just so confused - one minute @Expert holds up these records as huge accomplishments, the next minute he is bashing him as just another player.

I am going to chalk this up to separation anxiety. I am thinking hok fan is talking down how good he is because they know he is going to leave a huge gap.

Expert

Mar 4, 2021
So the leading 3 pt shooter in B1G history isn't one of Fran's Top players?

Listen, I am trying to agree with you here. I think what Fran has done with Iowa basketball will define the program for a long time.

I think Hok fans will look back 20 years from now at the Fran/Garza era wishing they could capture it again. This is as special as it gets!

Is Jon Diebler one of OSU's best players ever in the past 12 or so years? He currently holds the B1G record. You could maybe make an argument he sneaks in the back of the top 10 of the Fran era. These guys are all clearly ahead of him:

Garza
Wieskamp
White
Marble
Jok
Uthoff
Gatens
Cook

Bohannon would be in the group with Baer, Moss and Fredrick for the last couple spots.

• Disagree
Reactions: CyTwins

Expert

Mar 4, 2021
Exactly - I am just so confused - one minute @Expert holds up these records as huge accomplishments, the next minute he is bashing him as just another player.

I am going to chalk this up to separation anxiety. I am thinking hok fan is talking down how good he is because they know he is going to leave a huge gap.

I hope he comes back as I think he is a lot better than Toussaint or Ulis.

• Dumb
Reactions: cycloner29

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Is Jon Diebler one of OSU's best players ever in the past 12 or so years? He currently holds the B1G record. You could maybe make an argument he sneaks in the back of the top 10 of the Fran era. These guys are all clearly ahead of him:

Garza
Wieskamp
White
Marble
Jok
Uthoff
Gatens
Cook

Bohannon would be in the group with Baer, Moss and Fredrick for the last couple spots.
Bohannon holds two records at Iowa, not just one

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO

Garza
Wieskamp
White
Marble
Jok
Uthoff
Gatens
Cook

C'mon Man, help me out. You were the one that said the crowning achievement of JorBo's career would be taking the B1G 3 pt record. Is that or isn't a good thing. I mean I suggested his biggest accomplishment would be beating ISU 5 out of 6 times. You said no, the B1G 3 pt title would be bigger. So that is bigger than 2 NCAA appearances and being the rudder for 2 of the best teams in Iowa history?

That is a lot more than Cook or Gatens every brought to Iowa City.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Yeah I’m guessing he does. I don’t want him to though, I think he’s a dbag and simply just not very good. I’m tired of him to be honest lol
Iowa fans are so awesome to their players. They don't want the greatest passer and shooter in school history to come back. Could you imagine Iowa State fans saying they didn't want Monte Morris back?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Iowa fans are so awesome to their players. They don't want the greatest passer and shooter in school history to come back. Could you imagine Iowa State fans saying they didn't want Monte Morris back?
Twins...

Reactions: CyTwins

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
If Bobo comes back it's actually a pretty big diservice to Fran and the Iowa program. Obviously he's going to get more points and make some big shots, but from a recruiting standpoint it's gotta hurt Iowa. Who is going to want to come and sit behind Bobo another year.

I wouldn't mind watching his ankles break with every crossover for another year.

Reactions: exCYtable