Time for a Real Discussion About Caitlin Clark

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Just had an Iowa fan tell me she doesnt understand why I am so upset that CC sticks up for herself because the officiating is so poor. The stupidity around that.
The funny thing is that when she head butted the ball out of bounds she should have been called for an offensive foul. She dropped her shoulder into the defender 2 or 3 times when she was trying to back her down.

Reactions: chadly82

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
She’s been doing this crapp since high school.
A connection I have to Dowling told me the same thing today and that she once flopped to draw a foul call and acted hurt to try to get the call (didn’t get it). The trainer came on the floor so the refs told her she had to come out of the game but she hopped up uninjured, said she was fine, and refused to leave the game. Her head coach had to tell her to get off the floor.

• Agree
Reactions: carvers4math

CRcyclone6

Bookie
Dec 27, 2007
Cedar Rapids
ABC
She needs T'd up so bad. It would be so funny if the ref gave her one she complains more and the gets tossed from a tourney game. It would take a gutsy ref to do it but she damn close to deserving it.
ABC would have had him fired at halftime if he T'd her up.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
So will Gonzo... or any other CC lovers on here... call out CC's behavior yesterday?

Seems odd that the media finally did, her Dad did, and Bluder somewhat did.... but her adoring fans still don't have it in them to admit who CC really is.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
So will Gonzo... or any other CC lovers on here... call out CC's behavior yesterday?

Seems odd that the media finally did, her Dad did, and Bluder somewhat did.... but her adoring fans still don't have it in them to admit who CC really is.
I've said plenty I'm not a fan of some of her on-court stuff. I saw the thing from yesterday with her dad, which I thought was kind of funny. Dad seems pretty cool. That said I don't think the on-court stuff rises to the level of villainizing her or attacking her character. And it doesn't seem like the rest of the country does either.

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
I've said plenty I'm not a fan of some of her on-court stuff. I saw the thing from yesterday with her dad, which I thought was kind of funny. Dad seems pretty cool. That said I don't think the on-court stuff rises to the level of villainizing her or attacking her character. And it doesn't seem like the rest of the country does either.
Sometimes the neighbors don't always see that the sweet little girl in public is a spoiled brat in private.

The "rest of the country" only sees the sanitize version of Clark

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
I agree to a point with your thoughts on yesterday. The problem with that, though, is it wasn't the first time she displayed that behavior. It probably was the first time an action (Caitlin) and reaction (her dad) was caught on camera and displayed to the interested public.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land

It’s beyond any doubt a ton of technical fouls that would go against any other player. Didn’t matter against Holy Cross in terms of the score but I’m sure it has in other games. I know in the game she broke Pete’s record she was gifted a technical that was totally nothing compared to her unhinged freak-outs yesterday…it was the ft she broke it with.

Holy Cross gets 4 fts yesterday and maybe even a CC ejection if she’s reffed like any other player. Both of them are 100% techs during my lifetime of watching.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006

You know who acts basically exactly the same way on the court as CC? Angel Reese. Although, from watching Reese the last several games... I'd say CC is a little worse honestly.

But CC is a 'fierce competitor', and Reese is a 'thug'. Wonder why that is?

Is CC a role model for young girls off the court? I think she probably is. She seems great off the court. Is she a role model on the court... absolutely not. I would not want my daughter acting like on the court... and her Dad rightly doesn't either.

The media and fans have tried to portray her as something she isn't all year long... but it's finally gotten to the point they can't ignore it any longer.

kcdc4isu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2009
west of dm east of cb
Sometimes the neighbors don't always see that the sweet little girl in public is a spoiled brat in private.

The "rest of the country" only sees the sanitize version of Clark
The networks will not show much of this as they have painted her as the queen of NCAA women's basketball. This shows the real player and one who those who have watched her in high school and now college know.