Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
When you play your conference games on Sundays, nobody is watching. But you're right, this is something I'd think the media would be all over.

Playing on Sundays is one thing but playing on Sundays and being buried on BTN is another...

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I still can't get over this.
Fran gets the gate.
Mrs Fran is most likely dropping F bombs all over the place and radio and is shown the gate.
PMac is halfway to being shown the gate.
CMac is retweeting ref complaints.

And this was the game flow. I mean cmon:

Screenshot-20230220-103038-Chrome.jpg
Fran chased the referees down a hallway calling them cheating mother ******* in a game when Iowa lost by 20+.. Last night was just par for the course.

Reactions: JP4CY

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I've been amazed all year how much the Iowa players mouth off to the refs when calls go against them. Especially, C Mac and Rebraca. I'm surprised it took a ref this long to give one of them a T.
I would put Perkins in that conversation as well.

LOL my favorite last night was later in the game Connor literally swiped all arm and was arguing the foul. It's so friggin dumb.

• Winner
Reactions: Statefan10

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I've been amazed all year how much the Iowa players mouth off to the refs when calls go against them. Especially, C Mac and Rebraca. I'm surprised it took a ref this long to give one of them a T.
A lot of times when there's a dead ball TO after a foul, the camera cuts away to Connor complaining to a ref, when 9 other players on the floor are heading to a huddle.

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
They’ll get a few more and be easily in. My opinion, of course.
Iowa needs to get to 19 wins to be a lock. They have 5 more games to get 2 wins.

@ Wisconsin
vs MSU
@ Indiana
vs Nebraska
*vs ______ (Big 10 Tournament)

Right now, it seems as if Iowa goes 2-2 to end the year and if that’s the case, they’ll likely play Michigan in the 8-9 game of the BTT. Winner playing Purdue.

• Agree
Reactions: CyPunch

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I would put Perkins in that conversation as well.

LOL my favorite last night was later in the game Connor literally swiped all arm and was arguing the foul. It's so friggin dumb.
My wife asked me after that play “what is he complaining about he literally grabbed the guy’s arm?” I had no answer because I seriously don’t know. Connor then went to the bench and told his dad that he didn’t touch him.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
Can you even imagine what it would be like at the McCaffery Thanksgiving, when 1 family member accidentally spills a glass of wine? Picture the anger and fistfights to ensue.

pourcyne

Feb 19, 2011
Not sure exactly which ones are the Iowa announcers, but whoever is behind them might be Angry Momma if they are the ones on the end. If they are to the left, might be third row in white.

is this mrs fran.jpg

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
So Iowa only wants to play with non-Wilson basketballs, don't want to play in arenas that double as hockey rinks, don't want to travel very far in the NCAA tournaments after playing in the B10 tournament and NOW they want to dictate who refs their games?
I think you covered it.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
This is why I hate NET, it is set up to not give at large bids to the mid majors which sucks because they are the ones that make the tournament so special.
Yep. If a team with metrics like Wisconsin gets in but a Drake or Charleston or Boise State are left out that’s just stupid.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Iowa needs to get to 19 wins to be a lock. They have 5 more games to get 2 wins.

@ Wisconsin
vs MSU
@ Indiana
vs Nebraska
*vs ______ (Big 10 Tournament)

Right now, it seems as if Iowa goes 2-2 to end the year and if that’s the case, they’ll likely play Michigan in the 8-9 game of the BTT. Winner playing Purdue.
Things could get interesting if they lose their next three. They shouldn’t lose at Wisky or at home vs MSU though.