Vegas Trip

Bucklara

Jan 14, 2016
We are planning on road tripping to the UNLV game on September 18, 2021. Fly in on Friday, Game Saturday, Tour Vegas, Hoover Dam, Grand Canyon and area for a few days, drive to San Diego and stay a week and then fly back to SW Iowa. We have never been to Vegas or the area but have been to SD several times. Any suggestions? Should we get a complete Vegas fly & stay package deal or book separately? Any thing on the Strip that stands out? Not in to gambling particularly but shows/acts would work. Appreciate any suggestions.
Been to LV over a dozen times. Buy tix for Absinthe, if you don't mind crude humor. Try Mon Ami Gabi at Paris for Breakfast. Great food and a Patio to sit next to the strip.

browns4cy

Sep 3, 2014
I really want to go. To be honest would like to take my son but probably wont be feasible if he is playing varsity football unless there is a late flight out. Maybe just leave kids home and bring the wife. Hopefully we will know more this summer if it will be fairly normal

Reactions: cyfan4St8

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
We have a group of eleven going out all staying at the Mandalay Bay, found a great deal on rooms during Black Friday. Its a 15 minute walk to the stadium from the hotel. Still looking for air flights, for the wife and I and another couple. We are going out Friday through Monday, others heading out on Thursday through Monday.
First time to Vegas for many of us, cannot wait.

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
Kidneys stay in vegas....got a tramp stamp to cover up the crude scar.

Free Britney Spears B!tch.

There is a free tram from Mandalay to Excalibur...and a monrail that is like 8 bucks.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY and cstrunk

swiacy

Apr 9, 2009
Just hypothetical but if the Covid pandemic is past us by September due to massive administration of shots and Nevada/California have lifted restrictions, pent up travel and lodging demand could be off the charts. Our daughter in San Diego keeps us informed about restrictions in Ca and it is far different than Iowa or the Midwest, basically they have been working at home for a year and confined to their apartment with no where to go as bars and restaurants are unavailable. California folks could hit Vegas hard on weekends in September. Just wondering if I should book rooms now?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Just hypothetical but if the Covid pandemic is past us by September due to massive administration of shots and Nevada/California have lifted restrictions, pent up travel and lodging demand could be off the charts. Our daughter in San Diego keeps us informed about restrictions in Ca and it is far different than Iowa or the Midwest, basically they have been working at home for a year and confined to their apartment with no where to go as bars and restaurants are unavailable. California folks could hit Vegas hard on weekends in September. Just wondering if I should book rooms now?
I would book but do the non prepay route. If they still have restrictions, there could be people with rooms/flights/etc who can’t get tickets. Who knows how long this lasts.

Dopey

Nov 2, 2009
I had fun in Vegas as a younger lad. But I despise traveling there for work.

The perfect example is a breakfast cafe in the Aria capable of seating like 700 people. There's a line of 50. One hostess slowly seating people, while 900 waiters & waitresses stand idly by. Takes about 30 minutes to get seated for no apparent reason. Drives me freaking nuts.

• Agree
Reactions: GoldCy and 83cy

cyputz

Jul 26, 2006
Took my wife for a helicopter ride out of Vegas, over the dam and into the canyon. Wow!!

We took a copter ride on Kauai a few years back. It was fantastic. One week after we took the flight, that exact copter and pilot crashed.
Never stepped on a copter again!

• Agree
  • Wow
Reactions: Cloneon and 83cy

stevefrench

Aug 7, 2011
We have twelve going. Made no reservations yet.

I inquired about a suite, but the smallest usually goes for $30,000. Yikes!!

what kind of suite are you talking about?

you can book multi bedroom suites at a ton of strip resorts for <$500/night

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
what kind of suite are you talking about?

you can book multi bedroom suites at a ton of strip resorts for <$500/night

Suite at Allegiant Stadium. We will have at least a dozen going, so thought it might be fun. But Raiders charge $30,000 - $50,000 for suites. The owners sublease them for events they don’t plan to go to, so UNLV game should be a lot cheaper, but prob still way out of my range.

SECyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 29, 2011
Pella
Suite at Allegiant Stadium. We will have at least a dozen going, so thought it might be fun. But Raiders charge $30,000 - $50,000 for suites. The owners sublease them for events they don’t plan to go to, so UNLV game should be a lot cheaper, but prob still way out of my range.
Cant image what they get charge per year lol

Reactions: Scott34

I@ST1

Dec 15, 2020

I spoke with someone from UNLV a few months back and the price you quoted is WILDLY inaccurate.

They haven’t actually nailed down prices for 2021 UNLV Single Game Suites yet - they advised Covid could still be an issue in September and they cannot commit to prices. (Again this was 2 months ago but the number you have listed wasn’t in the ‘Ballpark’ figure given).

You may want to actually call and discuss with them.

MisterO

Proverbs 19:11
Dec 6, 2020
A couple of cool things to do in Vegas:

The mob museum- in old downtown.

Hit ‘Tacos al Gordo’ for lunch- it’s on the Strip, just north of the Winn Encore. There is almost always a line, try not to go during peak meal times. Get the Adobado (it’s the pork- thank me later).

Go see Penn & Teller at the Rio- kid friendly and you can get a pic with P & T after the show.

Harrah’s across from Caesar’s has best blackjack odds on strip- offers a 2 deck shoe for only $25 and pays 3-2...

Eat dinner at ‘STK’ in the Cosmo.

If you’re a lunatic, bungee off the Stratosphere...but not immediately after eating at STK.

• Informative
Reactions: keepngoal