We are Unranked now

StLouisClone

Apr 16, 2006
St. Louis
Not surprised Maryland jumped us but Virginia? Hopefully the players (particularly the OL) are ready to prove we belong.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Not surprised Maryland jumped us but Virginia? Hopefully the players (particularly the OL) are ready to prove we belong.

Yeah, clearly Virginia's win over William and Mary proves they are better than us this week when they weren't last week according to pollsters.

If we were a name team we'd be ranked right now. That simple

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I'm glad we aren't ranked.... we don't deserve it first of all.... and I'd rather come in as the underdog.

If CMC had played to win the game against UNI instead of to not lose it... then we'd still be ranked, but as I said.... I like where we're at.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
I'm glad we aren't ranked.... we don't deserve it first of all.... and I'd rather come in as the underdog.

If CMC had played to win the game against UNI instead of to not lose it... then we'd still be ranked, but as I said.... I like where we're at.

But are we technically the underdog? Aren’t we still favored?

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL

ISU is favored this game, not the underdog.

And nobody should ever be glad to not be ranked. Nobody. Always playing the underdog role is what Campbell is trying to get rid of. He wants us favored with a target on our back, because that means we are actually good.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
ISU is favored this game, not the underdog.

And nobody should ever be glad to not be ranked. Nobody. Always playing the underdog role is what Campbell is trying to get rid of. He wants us favored with a target on our back, because that means we are actually good.

Sorry, that's BS. If CMC wanted to get rid of being the underdog, he should have thrown the kitchen sink at UNI and buried them. He did the exact opposite.

And no, according to Vegas we aren't the underdog (yet, but will be by game time IMO), but trust me, we will be the underdog. Nobody in the national media will give us a shot. The guest picker next Saturday might be the only one that picks us to win.... and that's if they don't make the guest picker a Hok lover, which they just might do as well.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Bummer as we still now need to wait for ISU and Iowa to be ranked when playing each other but ISU earned it with their first game results.

Dumb that a bye puts you out but voters go by what's most recent.

CYber_saber

Mar 2, 2017
Sorry, that's BS. If CMC wanted to get rid of being the underdog, he should have thrown the kitchen sink at UNI and buried them. He did the exact opposite.

And no, according to Vegas we aren't the underdog (yet, but will be by game time IMO), but trust me, we will be the underdog. Nobody in the national media will give us a shot. The guest picker next Saturday might be the only one that picks us to win.... and that's if they don't make the guest picker a Hok lover, which they just might do as well.

CMC should shield his players from all of this outside noise and make them just focus on the game

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
Our fan base still has a lot of crappy pessimistic fans. Just like the team has the fans need to Raise the Standard. We deserve a top 25 ranking and everyone should be pissed we aren’t ranked. We didn’t play well that first game but we played one of the best FCS teams and they always play us tougher than any other team. We absolutely dominated them everywhere on the field except the scoreboard.

We need to stop with the we aren’t good enough crap. We are good enough. We are one of the top 3 teams in the Big 12. We should be expecting a great bowl game again. Stop wishing to be the underdog and not ranked. That’s bull ****.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
And to think that when both Iowa and ISU began the season ranked we all talked about how this would be the first time we played one another where both teams were ranked. Ha.

That was until CMC and Manning decided to be cute and not show anything whatsoever against UNI and nearly get beat and embarrassed.

But we got what we deserved.... that's what playing ultra conservative will do.

Do you suppose CMC will play it vanilla against Iowa too, like he did last year?

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Our fan base still has a lot of crappy pessimistic fans. Just like the team has the fans need to Raise the Standard. We deserve a top 25 ranking and everyone should be pissed we aren’t ranked. We didn’t play well that first game but we played one of the best FCS teams and they always play us tougher than any other team. We absolutely dominated them everywhere on the field except the scoreboard.

We need to stop with the we aren’t good enough crap. We are good enough. We are one of the top 3 teams in the Big 12. We should be expecting a great bowl game again. Stop wishing to be the underdog and not ranked. That’s bull ****.

We don't deserve to be ranked, period! Sorry it bothers you. We struggled mightily against UNI... why should we be ranked.... sympathy? F that.

Until CMC and Manning have a killer attitude and can find an offense that actually works, we'll get what we deserve. CMC's offenses have been bad since he's been here. I love him and never want to lose him as our head coach, but he HAS to get the offense figured out one of these years, and he needs to bury teams like Drake and UNI.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron