We are Unranked now

• We Will Collective May Donor Drive - Last Day, Help Needed!

We're in the final hours of a critical push to signup donors for the May Donor Drive. Let your Cyclone friends know!

Please consider giving at We Will Collective.

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
Prove It. That's the motto. Barely lucking out a win in 3 OTs against an FCS opponent is proving nothing. Anyone that thinks we should be ranked is delusional.

Anyone that thinks they know more about game planning and building a P5 football program than CMC and his staff is an idiot.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Nick Saban?
Urban Meyer?

Both have had some mystifying losses in their careers and/or weird wins from what was supposed to be an easy opponent.

So has pretty much every single other coach.

Check that--I know what you're saying....I think the idea is that we as coaches don't have a clue.

Which is true.

Still sticking with my original thoughts because fans need perspective. Ask Michigan.

Reactions: Yorel Fusspucker

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
Nick Saban?
Urban Meyer?

Oh so now you are Urban Meyer, Nick saban 'esque. Do you have a weekly pow-wow with them to see how they would do it at Iowa State?

There is going to be a lot of **** flying around this site over the next week. Most of it will be from rabid fans on both sides of the rivalry. And most of it will get people riled up. But it comes and goes and is part of being a passionate fan.

But the really pathetic, irritating bull **** will come from cowardly, know it all, self patronizing 'fans' like you.

Only you know how many wins by how many points, with what level of offensive and defensive stats will constitute success and what is worse, you will keep that to yourself until the moment the angels sing and you declare - "there, I told you so. Now I declare this team and this coach and this program good." Because in your pretend little work there is a direct line with clear checkpoints at A, B & C to take a program from the also-rands to successful. Hell, it so ******* easy, it happens all of the time.

I have seen your ilk before, the thing is, they usually live in fanbases like Iowa, Nebraska, Ohio State and Texas. Beautiful thing is, easy to ignore them - and you.

Beh Bye.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Oh so now you are Urban Meyer, Nick saban 'esque. Do you have a weekly pow-wow with them to see how they would do it at Iowa State?

There is going to be a lot of **** flying around this site over the next week. Most of it will be from rabid fans on both sides of the rivalry. And most of it will get people riled up. But it comes and goes and is part of being a passionate fan.

But the really pathetic, irritating bull **** will come from cowardly, know it all, self patronizing 'fans' like you.

Only you know how many wins by how many points, with what level of offensive and defensive stats will constitute success and what is worse, you will keep that to yourself until the moment the angels sing and you declare - "there, I told you so. Now I declare this team and this coach and this program good." Because in your pretend little work there is a direct line with clear checkpoints at A, B & C to take a program from the also-rands to successful. Hell, it so ******* easy, it happens all of the time.

I have seen your ilk before, the thing is, they usually live in fanbases like Iowa, Nebraska, Ohio State and Texas. Beautiful thing is, easy to ignore them - and you.

Beh Bye.

Yeah, I was clearly saying I'm the equivalent of Saban and Meyer.... geeez get over it.

And I'm not one of those that says one thing before the game, and then says another after the game. I've been very consistent that the offense under CMC has been bad, and I'm not predicting it to be very good Saturday either. I just have to hold out hope that the defense can win the game for us.

If we do score a bunch, I will be one of the first to come on here and eat my words. I'm not a kool aid drinker like many on here who think CMC is perfect and does no wrong and we'll win this game big over Iowa. That's not who I am... sorry if that offends you.

I don't think lowly of you at all.... I'm sorry if you don't feel the same way about me.

• Funny
Reactions: CyDude16

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
And to think that when both Iowa and ISU began the season ranked we all talked about how this would be the first time we played one another where both teams were ranked. Ha.

That was until CMC and Manning decided to be cute and not show anything whatsoever against UNI and nearly get beat and embarrassed.

But we got what we deserved.... that's what playing ultra conservative will do.

Do you suppose CMC will play it vanilla against Iowa too, like he did last year?

I really can’t wait until we open it up and throw 50 times vs Iowa and lose and then you’re here all the next week talking about how great it would be to be like Iowa with their ball control, clock grinding, soul killing offense.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
Yeah, I was clearly saying I'm the equivalent of Saban and Meyer.... geeez get over it.

And I'm not one of those that says one thing before the game, and then says another after the game. I've been very consistent that the offense under CMC has been bad, and I'm not predicting it to be very good Saturday either. I just have to hold out hope that the defense can win the game for us.

If we do score a bunch, I will be one of the first to come on here and eat my words. I'm not a kool aid drinker like many on here who think CMC is perfect and does no wrong and we'll win this game big over Iowa. That's not who I am... sorry if that offends you.

I don't think lowly of you at all.... I'm sorry if you don't feel the same way about me.

Lol.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I really can’t wait until we open it up and throw 50 times vs Iowa and lose and then you’re here all the next week talking about how great it would be to be like Iowa with their ball control, clock grinding, soul killing offense.

"Can't win with gimmicky offense." I see the thread now.
"Same mistake as Rhoads."

So many good threads ready. He may as well start them now.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa

ISU just does not have the OL to do what Iowa does, but that is exactly what CMC would like to do for the most part. Not as bad as Iowa, but close to it. Hopefully some of these young guys that are pushing the starters will get us to the next level. ISU might throw 50 times against Iowa because that is the weakest part of their very good defense.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
"Can't win with gimmicky offense." I see the thread now.
"Same mistake as Rhoads."

So many good threads ready. He may as well start them now.

1 thing---isn't every offense gimmicky? I mean, isn't it all about tricking the other team into thinking you're doing something else and getting away with it?

Anyway, there were a lot of teams in the country that didn't have 460 yards of offense on their first game vs. worse teams than UNI.

Points didn't happen but that whole 'game of inches' cliche came true again.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Sorry, that's BS. If CMC wanted to get rid of being the underdog, he should have thrown the kitchen sink at UNI and buried them. He did the exact opposite.

And no, according to Vegas we aren't the underdog (yet, but will be by game time IMO), but trust me, we will be the underdog. Nobody in the national media will give us a shot. The guest picker next Saturday might be the only one that picks us to win.... and that's if they don't make the guest picker a Hok lover, which they just might do as well.

Every so often, you just top yourself.

Seriously. You complain about everything. Why do you subject yourself to this misery? Could you at least not subject the rest of us to your nonsense?

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Totally agree! Obviously CMC doesn't care if we're ranked or not, so why should we care? If CMC really cared about our ranking, he would have went out and spanked UNI instead of trying to do as little as possible.

Punting on that first 4th and 2 from UNI's side of the field told the entire team that we're not out here to win this game.... we're out here to hope our defense shuts them out and we score a couple times while doing nothing. And passing on 3rd and 1 and 4th and 1 told the OL that you are garbage and we can't trust you to get one yard against an FCS team. He might be right about that, but that's still not the message you want to send your team.

Holy ******* ****!

If it gets worse than this, you should go punch yourself in the face for a while. It would be a lot less painful than watching Iowa State play sports.

• Funny
Reactions: clonedude

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006

I would love it if we could come out and run it down everyone's throat, control the clock, and just bury opponents that way. But that's not who we are. We don't have the talent at the positions you need to have the talent in order to do that.

So we need to try something else. Our OL can't push people around and dominate.

So yes, I'd rather see us use a lot more of a passing attack, and using the whole field side to side and make Iowa's defense run. If we try that and it still doesn't work, then you give Iowa credit for just being the better team, but at least we tried everything.

I didn't feel that way after last year's Iowa game at all. It felt like we didn't even try to win the game. We seemed to use a third of the playbook or something.

• Useful
Reactions: harimad

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Holy ******* ****!

If it gets worse than this, you should go punch yourself in the face for a while. It would be a lot less painful than watching Iowa State play sports.

Maybe you could just explain what you disagree with in a mature way? Just a thought.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Maybe you could just explain what you disagree with in a mature way? Just a thought.

You’re just terrible with this ****.

You’re one of those people that enjoy being miserable. That’s a you thing.

You are unbalanced about this stuff. And you come here and lose your ****. I know a lot of people that talked mad **** to Iowa fans about how good we were going to be. Now we struggle against uni, and you had to eat it. So rather than be like we played bad, i hope we get better, you come here and post after post is just the same old fatalistic ******** from you.

Seriously punching yourself in the face would be more pleasant for you that being subjected more Iowa State football.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron