Well, it's finally over

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
I understand the sentiment, but I don't give a **** about CC - every loss for Iowa in anything is joyous and an occasion for celebration. That's what rivals, especially in state ones, do.

I can't stand when people say "it's good for Iowa State if Iowa is good". The **** it is. It helps them in recruiting (especially in-state), gives them more press, helps their NIL, and makes my blood boil. I would literally let myself be castrated before I'd root for the Hawks in ANYTHING.
Why do you guys hate the state you either live in or grew up in so much? It's really disturbing behavior.

I agree with the other poster, really terrible look for this fanbase. I didn't realize people get so triggered over women's basketball.

rosshm16

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 8, 2023
It's interesting to think about what her career would have been like if she'd come to Iowa State. I don't think CBF would let her shoot 20 times a game.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Why do you guys hate the state you either live in or grew up in so much? It's really disturbing behavior.

I agree with the other poster, really terrible look for this fanbase. I didn't realize people get so triggered over women's basketball.
I don't hate the state, I hate my rivals. That's literally what most rivals do. You are the exception in this case, not the norm. Rivals hate each other and root against each other.

Do you think Bama fans root for Auburn because SEC? Do you think Texas A&M fans root for Texas to do anything but fail?

Rivalries are supposed to involve emotions, that is the whole basis for them existing.

Iowa doing good, does literally nothing good for Iowa State. It gives them attention, it gives them young fans that hadn't yet decided right or left, it helps them in recruiting, it helps them in in-state recruiting, it helps them in NIL funding. The list goes on. Not a single one of those things helps Iowa State.

I care about ISU.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
At a minimum, WHO won’t be safe until after Olympics.

My guess is still constant local coverage for a decade, but never winning a championship means it will calm down in 20 years and I can watch Jeopardy live again if I’m still alive.

Hit a new low in the petitions at church today when we were supposed to pray for CC and the Hawks. Not for an end to famine and war, but CC and the Hawks.

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010
She was pretty whiny in Iowa City the first two games. If I am trying to be kind, I do imagine that the pressure on her the past month would be rough.
Somebody must have got in her ear after that national embarrassment with her dad on tv. Wonder if Iowas AD said something to her or if she finally saw all the blowback about what a brat she was being.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Remembering all that fake drama after the Ohio State loss. Air knocked out of her when she wasn't touched. Collapse to floor. Haul her into locker room. The post game news conference. Security thereafter.

I probably want to be a fan but moments like those made it hard.

Tiger Woods was the same for me. I loved watching the things he could do but his personality on the course if things weren’t going perfect was like the angriest a-hole of all time. That’s just his attitude in a game with no refs during his wild run of majors, not even talking personal life later on.

• Agree
Reactions: FallOf81

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Somebody must have got in her ear after that national embarrassment with her dad on tv. Wonder if Iowas AD said something to her or if she finally saw all the blowback about what a brat she was being.

I'm sure her parents said something to her. But I do think that the pressure she had on her would be tough. They came sort of close to losing in the second round. I am an Iowa State fan, so I didn't watch her games this season but I gather the whining wasn't a new thing.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
You are the exception in this case, not the norm. Rivals hate each other and root against each other.
Oh ********. I know many people from both sides and none of them act like petulant children like you guys on this site do.

You guys were more ecstatic today than would have been if ISU men's were playing tommorrow night and you know it.

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010
At a minimum, WHO won’t be safe until after Olympics.

My guess is still constant local coverage for a decade, but never winning a championship means it will calm down in 20 years and I can watch Jeopardy live again if I’m still alive.

Hit a new low in the petitions at church today when we were supposed to pray for CC and the Hawks. Not for an end to famine and war, but CC and the Hawks.
Time to change churches

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
I don't hate the state, I hate my rivals. That's literally what most rivals do. You are the exception in this case, not the norm. Rivals hate each other and root against each other.

Do you think Bama fans root for Auburn because SEC? Do you think Texas A&M fans root for Texas to do anything but fail?

Rivalries are supposed to involve emotions, that is the whole basis for them existing.

Iowa doing good, does literally nothing good for Iowa State. It gives them attention, it gives them young fans that hadn't yet decided right or left, it helps them in recruiting, it helps them in in-state recruiting, it helps them in NIL funding. The list goes on. Not a single one of those things helps Iowa State.

I care about ISU.
Isn’t that guy a Hawk troll?

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
I'm sure her parents said something to her. But I do think that the pressure she had on her would be tough. They came sort of close to losing in the second round. I am an Iowa State fan, so I didn't watch her games this season but I gather the whining wasn't a new thing.
At the very least you watched her play Iowa State every year?

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
At the very least you watched her play Iowa State every year?

I did. But again, I didn't watch enough to know if she was whiny all the time. But I trust that she was.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames

I care about ISU.
I think the people that take it way too seriously on either side are definitely the minority. I think most people are just casual fans.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Oh ********. I know many people from both sides and none of them act like petulant children like you guys on this site do.

You guys were more ecstatic today than would have been if ISU men's were playing tommorrow night and you know it.
No. You clearly have a different perspective. That's fine. I'm not judging your fandom because of it. Don't judge mine because of my perspective.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames

The state does suck pretty hard, but I don't really care about women's basketball so I tend to just gravitate towards the underdog. I certainly don't want Iowa to win a natty in football or men's basketball ever, but I personally don't care if they're good at baseball for instance.

The weird thing to me is people complain so much about things that they have a free choice to just not pay attention to. I live in Ames and almost never hear or read anything about Caitlin Clark.

Help Support Us

Become a patron