Westworld

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Finally got around to watching the premier. I loved it. I seriously think Ed Harris is playing this "game" directly against Anthony Hopkins and each are making their moves to win. Anthony Hopkins' "updates" are the reason all these "glitches" are happening. But he is doing it on purpose to make his Live Stock more unpredictable in the larger game against Ed Harris. Next week looks like **** is about to hit the fan, so I can't wait!

• Informative
Reactions: timhisu

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
"These violent delights have violent ends.
And in their triumph die, like fire and powder,
Which as they kiss consume: the sweetest honey
Is loathsome in his own deliciousness
And in the taste confounds the appetite.
Therefore love moderately; long love doth so;
Too swift arrives as tardy as too slow."

This is foreshadowing at it's finest, so-much so to know that it is important, not enough to know what it means.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I also just caught the first episode last night. They got me. I'm in. Really looking forward to seeing how it plays out. Obviously, they're setting up some kind of robot revolution, but that was pretty much a given, considering the source material. I do like the Asimov-ish take on artificial humans. Feels like HBO has another hit on their hands.

• Agree
Reactions: Angie and srjclone

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Can't wait to watch it tonight.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Thandie seeing them hose down lifeless bots sets the stage for the rest of it.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
The moment/conversation AH had with the boy in the desert. There wasnt much to it, but I felt there was something much deeper there.

James Marsden's character has to be getting about sick and tired of getting shot all of the time. ;)

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Ed Harris has been around the place for 30 years and says there's a "deeper" game.

He's obviously got a coupon because the place supposedly costs 40 grand a day.

He's the key to the whole story.

• Agree
Reactions: Angie and srjclone

Sighclone Fan

Jan 19, 2008
Is AH going to bring religion into it? Wasn't sure if that's what the ending of ep 2 meant..

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Also, when the guest was suiting up to enter the game, he asked the assistant if she was real and she skirted the question. If she is one of the hosts (which I assume), how many more exclusives are there on the outside of the game? How can they tell who is real and who isnt.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Is AH going to bring religion into it? Wasn't sure if that's what the ending of ep 2 meant..

He definitely wasnt thrilled about the new storyline that was presented and has his own agenda. If I remember right, there have been a couple mentions of how they are like gods when they create this stuff.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Also much speculation that this doesn't take place on this planet.

A line AH spoke in the first episode really feeds into that.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Have you given any thought to the idea that he is talking to a representation of himself as a child?
Absolutely. Wife and I were watching last night and about halfway through that interaction I said that has to be either a child of his that he lost or himself as a young boy. I thought he actually left the Westworld building in the elevator to go into the real world but its just another world he created but on a different level of the building. I thought it was real and the kid just wandered away from Westworld until he controlled the rattlesnake.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Thandie seeing them hose down lifeless bots sets the stage for the rest of it.
That whole scene, with Thandie having surgery and coming out of the sleep mode, gave me the impression that in Westworld hosts can't hurt humans but if the hosts are alive in the real world they can. The surgeons were very scared of her with that knife.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Ed Harris has been around the place for 30 years and says there's a "deeper" game.

He's obviously got a coupon because the place supposedly costs 40 grand a day.

He's the key to the whole story.
The Westworld staff knows it too. The one man said ~"That guy. He gets whatever he wants." So they are aware of what he is doing and that he is searching for "the maze" but they must not care???

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron