What can we as fans do?

ARCYCLONE

Nov 16, 2020
Arkansas
The single most important thing we can do is to keep CMC and staff. At first they said it was one of the worst P5 hires, then they said it was a one time thing, then they said he wouldn't stay, then they kept saying that he wouldn't stay (repeat, repeat, repeat), then they blew off our best season ever as a fluke due to COVID and we had to watch Sports Center snicker when they unveiled the CFP rankings week after week. Through all this we didn't listen. CMC has talked to his team about shutting out the outside noise. We need to take that advice. Focus on what we can do within our walls as fans, reach out to the AD and put our support, and money, where it's needed most. We are Cyclone Nation!

Jul 20, 2021
The single most important thing we can do is to keep CMC and staff. At first they said it was one of the worst P5 hires, then they said it was a one time thing, then they said he wouldn't stay, then they kept saying that he wouldn't stay (repeat, repeat, repeat), then they blew off our best season ever as a fluke due to COVID and we had to watch Sports Center snicker when they unveiled the CFP rankings week after week. Through all this we didn't listen. CMC has talked to his team about shutting out the outside noise. We need to take that advice. Focus on what we can do within our walls as fans, reach out to the AD and put our support, and money, where it's needed most. We are Cyclone Nation!
Well said! Haters gonna hate. Thanks to the advice on this thread, I’ve made my first donation to the athletic department and opened a Twitter account.

Side note, also headed to Vegas for UNLV and @WVU… let’s go Cyclone Nation!

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
Building off of what Jamie said: fill JTS and HC. So donate to the Cyclone Club, buy FB season tickets and/or single game tickets. If anything left, buy MBB tickets. Thinking ahead to streaming services and outside forces measuring a fanbase, how do we move the needle?

- follow the various ISU social media accounts on FB, Instagram, Twitter, etc.
- add ESPN, FOX, CBS and NBC sports apps; and follow ISU (specifically FB and MBB) on each app
- I have Cyclone.tv and ESPN+; is there a way to follow ISU on the ESPN+ app?
- buy ISU officially licensed merchandise
- follow ISU players and commits on social media to support their NIL opportunities, especially instagram, youtube, etc,

What else can we do to lift our profile in a way that is marketable?
Actually / a very good list. My only addition would be - get vaccinated so we can have a season and optimize our $’s. That said, the realignment die may be cast already.

Last edited:

FeedBreece

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2020
We as fans remaining committed to the product is crucial long term. That’s all we can do.

We’ve really upped our game the last 4-5 years in terms of support. That needs to continue. Losing interest due to realignment will only doom the program.

seymour1

Aug 12, 2016
I came to ISU to get an education, I didn’t come to be a member of a conference. I will as I am sure all of you will continue to be Cyclones forever. We will bear down in bad times and celebrate the good, cause that’s what we do. We’re Cyclones! I for one am looking soo forward to accomplishing the great expectations for our athletic teams this season and beyond. For me it’s not a matter of who we align with or not, it’s what we do with what we have that matters most and all our support is what makes this place special.

• Optimistic
  • Dumb
Reactions: Cyclad and Lineup

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
Have your TV on for ISU games. Even if you are at the game. Recorded and watched within 7 days counts but not as much as live.

Follow all ISU social media.

Up your donation.

Make your presence known. If we all have ISU logos on everywhere we go it could help raise national perception of casual fans of other schools.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
profit.jpg

StPaulCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Duh!
I will be the first to say, **** ESPN. However, we need to show to ,Edina partners and other prospective conferences, including ESPN, that this fan base is valuable for OTA, cable/sat and streaming. It starts a week from today!

Before the “there’s nothing we can do crowd gets here”, we have months if not 1-2 years to prove thi….so STFU. I‘d rather know I‘ve been doing something.

if you are not at the game on Saturday, stream it on ESPN+. If you are at the age on Saturday, set up someone else to stream on your behalf (log grandma into you account).