What TV show are you streaming right now?

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
Looking for suggestions from AppleTV. We’ve got 3 months free from getting new phones. I’m a couple episodes into the third season of Ted Lasso but it’s the only show I’ve watched so far.

My usual shows include comedy, war, crime or government agencies.

I second the Shrinking recommendation, really funny.

Severance is great. It's a unique weird premise and is pretty funny.

I've watched the first few episodes of Manhunt, following the John Wilkes Booth chase, and I've liked it quite a bit so far.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Looking for suggestions from AppleTV. We’ve got 3 months free from getting new phones. I’m a couple episodes into the third season of Ted Lasso but it’s the only show I’ve watched so far.

Slow Horses is fantastic. British spy show. Gary Oldman plays one of the great characters in current TV.

• Winner
Reactions: ISU4Life and pulse

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Watched The OA this week. Had a ton of potential but they seemed to be spiraling down an overly complex web of stories as the 2nd season ended. The last couple episodes kinda ruined the show for me as it just didn't seem well thought out. I know it was written as a 5 season show and got axed after 2, but I would have prefered a little different ending.

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
I know it is old...but started Chernobyl last weekend...I remember the event happening and have had a fascination with it since but never got around to watching the mini-series. Wow...first episode presents such an ominous beginning which is appropriate knowing what we know! Hope the rest of it is as good as the 1st episode (whenever I find time to finish it)!

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I know it is old...but started Chernobyl last weekend...I remember the event happening and have had a fascination with it since but never got around to watching the mini-series. Wow...first episode presents such an ominous beginning which is appropriate knowing what we know! Hope the rest of it is as good as the 1st episode (whenever I find time to finish it)!
It's definitely good all the way through

Arkansas Cyclone

Nov 25, 2006
Bentonville, Arkansas
I'm looking for something to watch and I've heard a lot of great things about Chernobyl so I think I'll give it a shot. Where can I find it?

Reactions: cyfanatic

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
I am enjoying it as well. I think some of dialogue is a little corny and it’s getting some backlash online about how some of the sayings are too modern for that time but it doesn’t hurt the show imo. I didn’t love the casting of Abe but after the performance Daniel Day Lewis gave of him it’s hard to get to that level.
Patton Oswalt drags me out of every scene he's in. His voice just does not match what a big bearded civil war officer should sound like. Still enjoying the show!

• Agree
Reactions: Cydkar and ClubCy

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023
Patton Oswalt drags me out of every scene he's in. His voice just does not match what a big bearded civil war officer should sound like. Still enjoying the show!
1000% agree.

zumbro clones

Jan 31, 2007
Southern Minnesota
I loved Chernobyl. My wife doesn't usually like history based shows but she enjoyed it too.

Reactions: cyfanatic

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo

I really liked Schmigadoon. Just fun and stupid parody.

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny

Masters of the Air
Severance
Slow Horses
Hijack
Silo
See

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
Watched The OA this week. Had a ton of potential but they seemed to be spiraling down an overly complex web of stories as the 2nd season ended. The last couple episodes kinda ruined the show for me as it just didn't seem well thought out. I know it was written as a 5 season show and got axed after 2, but I would have prefered a little different ending.

First season was great, second season was....interesting (not in a good way IMO).

• Winner
  • Agree
Reactions: 1100011CS and Jer

CliveClone17

Feb 24, 2015
I second the Shrinking recommendation, really funny.

Severance is great. It's a unique weird premise and is pretty funny.

I've watched the first few episodes of Manhunt, following the John Wilkes Booth chase, and I've liked it quite a bit so far.
Shrinking is good. We have also watched The Morning Show (Ok) and Lessons in Chemistry (Good) on AppleTV

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
Just started Florida Man on Netflix. I'm only two episodes in but it's pretty good so far.

• Agree
Reactions: urb1