Would you turn it in?

If you found $1M in cash on the road, would you turn it in?

• Yes, it's the right thing to do.

• No, finder's keepers!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Beernuts

Nov 9, 2017
Question: What if you purchased a house from a old couple who had lived there forever...and then in the course of remodeling you find 1 million in cash. You know it had to come from the old couple, and they have three kids of their own that could use the money.

Do you give all back, Split it, or keep it all as you now own the home?

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
Question: What if you purchased a house from a old couple who had lived there forever...and then in the course of remodeling you find 1 million in cash. You know it had to come from the old couple, and they have three kids of their own that could use the money.

Keep it. They don’t have to know you ever found it. They may need it but I need that **** too.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I've tried to live by the same rule I taught my kids: If it's not yours, LEAVE IT ALONE. Sure, that kind of money would tempt most people, but the guilt and the fear of repercussions from either the law or the (probably) criminal owners would weigh most people down eventually.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops

Same answer I gave to the original question.

Reactions: aauummm

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
I’d keep the money. But I’m putting it away in a safe place for at least a year to see if there’s anything about it on the news or whatever. If it is reported on the news, then it was a legit group that made a mistake. I’d probably return it then. If nothing is ever said about it, it’s probably illegitimate and I’d keep the money but use it in another state in small increments to avoid FBI involvement.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
I'm turning it in, I don't need this guy hunting me down...

MV5BMTc4MDczMjkyNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzczODI3OA@@._V1_.jpg
This guy makes a lot of people honest

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
I’d keep the money. But I’m putting it away in a safe place for at least a year to see if there’s anything about it on the news or whatever. If it is reported on the news, then it was a legit group that made a mistake. I’d probably return it then. If nothing is ever said about it, it’s probably illegitimate and I’d keep the money but use it in another state in small increments to avoid FBI involvement.
I feel like you haven't thought about how nerve racking it would be to steal a million dollars and then sit on it for a year, not to mention the paranoia there must be if you try to start using it in a way to avoid the FBI. That sounds worse than having a million dollars.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
I'd leave it where I found it and call the police. After I took a couple of bundles for myself of course.

• Haha
Reactions: aauummm

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
You people keeping a bit, are you just hoping the amount you kept is small enough to not make it worth the time for repercussions?

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Take a good look around, take like $50,000 and leave the rest.

Or turn it in and hope it prompts you to get on some terrible TV show.
If caught you're going to get charged with grand larceny no matter what. May as well go for the big score rather than leave a bunch of evidence behind you stole the money.

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL

Isn't anything left behind by the sellers once the deed transfers become the ownership of the new owners? I think most real estate contracts have some kind of boiler plate language that anything left behind is considered abandoned and thus, new owned by the current occupant.