Your trash at your tailgate spot.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I saw a pickup truck with bags full of cans in the bed when I was leaving RV Village Saturday night. Looked like he was pulling them out of the dumpsters.
I must have missed him. I was there for 4-5 hours post game, but I was feeling no pain. He also might have not come all the way down to the cheap seats where our tailgate spot is.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I’m not sure anyone collects cans anymore. At least not in our area. Because we used to do the same thing. Now we try to clean up before we go.

Yeah we've had separate bags for cans the last 2 games but nobody has come and got them. Just going to throw them in the same bag going forward.

That said, the people need to put out way more dumpsters. I have to walk a long way with my garbage bags to put them by the dumpster and it's absolutely overflowing with heaps of trash all around it.

TitanClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 21, 2008
And there are dumpsters galore to throw bags in while you walk into the stadium. Some people are just a**holes who act like elementary kids that say "that's the janitors job"

• Agree
Reactions: cycloner29

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
I wish they had non-tailgate lots and tailgate lots.

I've thought this, but especially with the new, narrower spots, I seek out unused cars to park beside. There's really not room for a full sized truck and a tent behind it. I don't get there earlier enough for border/grass spots, but being able to creep behind a car beside me works really well.

The ultimate would be between two unused cars, or a string of unused cars.

• Creative
Reactions: Cycsk

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
The answer is because there're far too many people who have no respect for anything that isn't theirs and they have even less respect for the people who have to fix/clean up whatever mess they leave. This, along with borrowing something, breaking it and then returning it like nothing happened are my biggest pet peeves. Drives me absolutely crazy.

Wait, are you my father-in-law?

TitanClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 21, 2008
I've thought this, but especially with the new, narrower spots, I seek out unused cars to park beside. There's really not room for a full sized truck and a tent behind it. I don't get there earlier enough for border/grass spots, but being able to creep behind a car beside me works really well.

The ultimate would be between two unused cars, or a string of unused cars.
1 trick you see alot at Chiefs games is groups of 4 or 6 vehicles arrive together and back into spots leaving the front of the vehicle up to the line. Then setup camp between. So 2 or 3 cars on each side backed up to each other with there own space outside of where cars drive through.

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
1 trick you see alot at Chiefs games is groups of 4 or 6 vehicles arrive together and back into spots leaving the front of the vehicle up to the line. Then setup camp between. So 2 or 3 cars on each side backed up to each other with there own space outside of where cars drive through.

I saw this during the Iowa game tailgate

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
SO IT WAS YOU!

LOL, just kidding.

If it was against a rule I would be more than annoyed and would probably say something to them.

For that matter I do pay for a spot. But I also know what it is like to come to an area with extra space, grass, etc and see a car parked there with no one tailgating.

Its an annoyance, not a huge deal but annoying. Simply, if you are going to utilize the spot, great, if not why not park across from that spot where there is less space to tailgate or no space to, And leave that spot for someone that wants to utilize the extra space.

I guess It seems like an unwritten rule to me, and one of basic courtesy. But then I guess I have seen a lot of uncourteous people at times in the lots, rules on not.

Maybe because they are coming to watch a football game and not tailgate?

• Puke
Reactions: JayV, Cycsk and jsb

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
And there are dumpsters galore to throw bags in while you walk into the stadium. Some people are just a**holes who act like elementary kids that say "that's the janitors job"

Where? We park in C4 and there is like one in C5 that was so heaped with it you couldn't even see the sides of it because people just kept throwing their trash bags on top and they rolled down the sides creating some massive heap of trash.

CydeofFries

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 10, 2017
I do something similar to that in VetMed. With there being grass islands between each row, if you don't back to the curb and leave a foot or two or 3 or 4 (there's a ton of room in the aisles out there). you have a lot of room to tailgate without worrying about other cars.

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008
Why do some people think it is okay to dump their shot bottles and trash all over the ground while tailgating and then just load up and leave it for the people that clean the lots? You were offered a garbage bag upon entry, USE it. S1 space 9. I wished I would have taken a picture of their license plate before entering the game.
For the same reason people can't return their shopping cart to the cart corral. They're lazy, entitled morons.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
Maybe because they are coming to watch a football game and not tailgate?
That is my point. 2 spots one with extra space, grass etc. and one not, directly opposite each other. So virtually same distance from stadium. Hell even better, dozens of similar spots without extra room even closer to the stadium, in same "lot".

If you are coming to just watch the game, not tailgate...why not take the one without the extra space and leave the one with the extra tailgate space for someone who wants to.

Seems like common sense to me. But then I see a lot without said common sense, so...

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
That is my point. 2 spots one with extra space, grass etc. and one not, directly opposite each other. So virtually same distance from stadium. Hell even better, dozens of similar spots without extra room even closer to the stadium, in same "lot".

If you are coming to just watch the game, not tailgate...why not take the one without the extra space and leave the one with the extra tailgate space for someone who wants to.

Seems like common sense to me. But then I see a lot without said common sense, so...
How is anyone supposed to know which spots you want? That's not common sense, that's mindreading.

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
How is anyone supposed to know which spots you want? That's not common sense, that's mindreading.
If you have ever been to the lots, you know which ones set up better for tailgating and which dont.

If you dont, then you probably, should not be driving.

If you have a row where everyone is set up on the grass behind their spot, or everyone is pulled way ahead on the grass, or has similar areas with angles etc, and cant tell those spots are better for tailgating than a spot in the middle of a row in A3 without extra space, than I dont know what to tell you.

TitanClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 21, 2008
Where? We park in C4 and there is like one in C5 that was so heaped with it you couldn't even see the sides of it because people just kept throwing their trash bags on top and they rolled down the sides creating some massive heap of trash.
In the A lots they're by each set of porta potties. Even just setting a bag next to them if full is 10x better than leaving a mess behind.

Reactions: VeloClone

DFWClone

Aug 19, 2013
I was in Tokyo a couple weeks ago. Biggest city in the world. There are no garbage cans anywhere, and it’s the cleanest city I’ve ever seen with no litter whatsoever.

Anyway, back to your tailgate mess you filthy animals.
I was in Delhi India a few years back. The 2nd or 3rd largest city in the world. Garbage and trash everywhere, so disgusting. Made the tailgate lots look like a hospital. Wild.

• Sad
  • Agree
Reactions: Cycsk and 2020cy

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
If you are not tailgating park in a spot like this:

View attachment 117276

and leave spots like this for tailgaters:

View attachment 117277

and this:

View attachment 117278

and this:

View attachment 117279

This isnt Rocket Science.

I mean, while I kind of get what you're saying, the people who aren't tailgating are less likely to be showing up right at lot open. If you want one of those spots, get there early and grab them. I don't set up a tailgate anymore and just bounce between friends' tailgates these days, but I had many 5am arrivals back when we did to grab our tailgate spot.