We Will Collective contributor numbers

why is it crazy to think the guy worth $2 billion cant donate $2m a year to ISU NIL?
Why is it crazy to think we don’t need more grass-roots support too? Based on a poll I did here, a large percentage of Cyclone Fanatics don’t support the AD financially. Can you imagine what it is among the broader alumni base? It feels like some are waiting for a big donor to take care of it...it going to take all of us.

***2024 Minnesota Vikings***

IMO the Vikings should not trade up. Very rarely does that work out. Take the QB available that is best at 11. I actually like Penix a lot. He even won at Indiana. Hasn’t been injured the last two years. And doesn’t get sacked. Plus that bazooka of an arm with the receivers he would have. Then take Newton of Illinois at DT at 23. And you still have 2025 First yet.
I agree. Don't overpay for Maye or JJ

We Will Collective contributor numbers

I think Brent is doing a fine job, too. He is working with the same base as JP and it's well documented that ISU really struggles from donation aspect. I have seen numerous snapshots of ISU and lack of donations, but below is one that is a older but basically sums up the gap,

View attachment 127308
KSU, for example, with a smaller enrollment and alumni base generates almost 50% more in donations. We need to grow the donating fan base. Too many casuals relying on an ever-pressured small set of donors.
  • Winner
Reactions: Mr.G.Spot

***2024 Minnesota Vikings***

Did anyone hear anything about the NFL investigating tampering charges against Atlanta? I just heard about it today

https://www.cbsnews.com/minnesota/n...-potential-tampering-in-kirk-cousins-signing/
Saw one article today where the possible punishment for Atlanta would be to swap first round picks with the Vikes. The story mentioned some precedent, but I’ll believe it when I see it.

J'Vonne Hadley (Curtis Jones' cousin) to have zoom meetings with Iowa State & MSU this week

Never be able to regulate this. Rich donors will always find a way to get money to an athlete on way or another. Friend of mine was roommates with Pedo State kicker. Made the winning kick and was asked to stop bye a party of donors after the game. 100+ dollar handshakes from everyone there and he walked out with $1500-3000 I can't remember.

J'Vonne Hadley (Curtis Jones' cousin) to have zoom meetings with Iowa State & MSU this week

They can’t address that issue. You legit can’t close that door. Same way Mahommes fits into the salary cap but makes double his salary on endorsements. NIL isn’t going anywhere this is just schools distributing some of the media dollars (potentially).

He is right on that in regards to a “salary cap” won’t fix any of the issues with NIL. It’s actually just going to make things way worse for the non P2 schools.
Mahomes wouldn’t lose out on a single national endorsement if he was traded to the Colts.

Is the player profiting off *their NIL* or being invested in by branded institutions to continue to propagate *the Univ NIL*?

There are a few where it’s truly the former and smaller instances where players get some local endorsement deals, but I’d say majority is the latter.

Which was going on behind the scenes for years, but still feel that that portion of NIL can/should be more regulated.

"Meh" recruits vs Heralded Ones.

One that comes to mind that's partly matter of circumstance as much as actual expectation v bust: Lucca Staiger.

First, there was the whole sit-out year fiasco ("Will he or won't he be allowed to play?"). Had he arrived as expected, the hype-o-meter might have been more in balance.

Secondly, although touted as a key piece to the puzzle, I think by that point the program's framework/roster development already was shaky, and it was unrealistic to expect more than a 6th-man/sniper.
Staiger and Vanderbeeken fall in the same box for me, could hit a few threes but could literally do nothing else!!
Reactions: Jer

Star Trek Universe Thread

The new Star Trek Academy show will talke place after Discovery ends

Given the quality of Discovery the last couple seasons, it doesn't leave much hope. And I can't see it lasting long. If there's one thing no one's asking for its a Tilly-centered show.

I want a new show picking up where TNG left off. The future discovery era feels too disconnected. There's a reason they put TNG just a few decades past TOS and not several hundred years later.

People need to completely lose this notion that players becoming employees or instituting a salary cap will solve a single thing. The only thing it does is makes sure every player gets a little of something - and schools like Iowa State have less disposable funds.

In reality, NIL is completely considered as equal to endorsements. Salary caps and salaries have absolutely no relation to how much endorsement money an NBA, NFL, MLB player can make on the side. There will NEVER be limits on NIL or endorsements, every court in America would throw it out without a hearing.
The salary cap is instituted on the team, not the player. It’s what makes NFL competitive.

I’m not saying it can realistically happen, but a return to some semblance of regional rivalries. And a balance of the reality that recognizes college sports produces revenue so players get a cut and amateur, collegiate sports.

If not we’re just watching JV professional teams with historic powers able to stack higher mounds.

It will have to be driven to protect player interests. But it’s possible. Title IX and NIL are examples of that.
Reactions: CYDJ

Filter