***Iowa State vs. Green Bay NCAA Tournament Game Thread***

MadBr

Jan 12, 2009
Yeah he pulled out the Pit Bull for the last few minutes and let her loose. It was such a dramatic change up and GB could not overcome it. Fennelly was teaching the young pup some old school.

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX
I wonder what the recruits are thinking watching us hit the Sweet Sixteen? I bet they are wishing they were already here!

Like BF said, this is such great exposure!
You really can't buy this kind of media! And it should only get better as we get closer to the next game :notworthy:

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Love that quote!!

I will be in Vegas this weekend and I will be putting money on the Cyclones to win!!!

I'll bet you get great odds!

As someone else here said the sisters will be believing by game time.

I have been chuckling every time they bring up Fennelly saying that no one can beat UCONN. The media that are quoting him don't know him. He will say that to the media but then will say to his team in private we can beat this team and here is EXACTLY how we are going to do it.

I have a feeling someone we don't expect like Schroll is going to have the game of her life...It would please me the most if it was Denae and she ended up like 8 of 11 from 3 with 9 steals and 11 rebounds.

Yes, I'm giddy...

cyclone13

Apr 7, 2009
Should have been an intentional foul at the end, gutless officiating not to call that.[/QUOTE]

+1.

bigcyfan82

Aug 30, 2008
Des Moines
Wow Jess Schroll, where'd she come from? Amazing stat line for her: 9 points, 4 rebounds, 1 assist, 0 turnovers!

She's played pretty well all season wrong...She often gets into foul trouble either being too aggressive or just playing stupid...

She's grown the most I think this season...and she's only going to get better!!!

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
She's played pretty well all season wrong...She often gets into foul trouble either being too aggressive or just playing stupid...

She's grown the most I think this season...and she's only going to get better!!!

She is going to be a good one for us. She has really cut down on the fouls and turnovers since earlier this year. If she can work on some of her shooting skills in the off-season she could be an even bigger factor next year. I wish they could inject some of her aggressive nature into Prins.

BenEClone

Mar 21, 2006
Lincoln, Ne
I don't normally do this, but.....
CONGRATS to GB on an amazing year and for really playing the better game today! Easy to see why you won your conference so many times now!

I confess I thought their coaching was lacking near the end of the UVA game. They had trouble getting the ball into play. There were times tonight I thought their coaching was outstanding. I don't know why we had so much trouble getting the ball into the paint and it seemed that they drove to the hoop almost at will, at times.

zmanzbo

Apr 11, 2006
So glad we went, fun game to be at for sure.

Like coach said not the prettiest game but we found a way to win.

The crowd was awesome in the 2nd half!! Go get the huskies.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
I wish they could inject some of her aggressive nature into Prins.

Prins' height and shooting + Schroll's aggressiveness and driving ability + Poppens' rebounding and motor + Zimmerman's post moves = best freshman in the country.

Of course, then we'd only have one of them instead of four. Unless we combine them together and then clone them. That'd be awesome.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Prins' height and shooting + Schroll's aggressiveness and driving ability + Poppens' rebounding and motor + Zimmerman's post moves = best freshman in the country.

Of course, then we'd only have one of them instead of four. Unless we combine them together and then clone them. That'd be awesome.

I see where you are going with this...Cy's Clones!

beatiowa

Dec 21, 2008
Berkeley, CA
Alison Lacey: 36 minutes, 12 points, 7 assists, 2 rebounds, 1 steal, and 2 turnovers.

I know her shooting percentage was way down, but that does *not* sound like the stats of a player who is in recovery from an illness. :yes:

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
What do you guys think: Should it have been a block call on Lacey along the baseline with 14 seconds left? It was an awfully close call, and I wouldn't have been at all suprised to see them call it a block. It looked like she was moving her feet, but may have ridden the opposing player out a bit.

Either way, they didn't get the call, probably thanks to the fan support!

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

Plus she would be able to shoot threes with either hand!

Seriously, I really like this gals and am going to love watching them another three years.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
What do you guys think: Should it have been a block call on Lacey along the baseline with 14 seconds left? It was an awfully close call, and I wouldn't have been at all suprised to see them call it a block. It looked like she was moving her feet, but may have ridden the opposing player out a bit.

Either way, they didn't get the call, probably thanks to the fan support!

It could have gone either way. My wife and I looked at each other after watching the replay and we felt pretty lucky. Look at it from this perspective - how were the officials calling tight defense. They were allowing both teams to body up on the offensive player - Green Bay was just taking advantage of that more. Here Aus did.

There were calls that should have been made that weren't that worked in both team's favor. Denae should have had a chance for the four point play but didn't get the call, for example.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron