Bad Bad Bad News... 6 Big 12 Teams Potentially to Pac Ten

Clone1450

Dec 30, 2008
Kansas City
THIS JUST IN! The Big 10, Pac 10, and SEC are joining to create a super conference of 33 teams! It will be divided into three divisions of 11 teams each and will rule the world!

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
I think it makes sense for the Big 10 to add KU, KSU, Neb, Mizzou and ISU if the 6 teams go to the Pac-10.

The Football in the Big 10 would be slightly strengthened, Basketball would be greatly strengthened and the Big 10 would only add to its already dominate Alumni base by adding KU and Neb.

You know, I think the Pac Ten and Big Ten people are working together to carve up the Big 12 just as you suggest. Baylor is screwed. Baylor to the MWC.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
So say this happens and now these teams are left out to dry:

-Nebraska
-Mizzou
-ISU
-Kansas
-K-State
-Baylor

I put them in order of least to most potential of being screwed.

Nebraska: Sound financially. AAU. Welcome to the Big 10..err..12

Mizzou: OK, you're AAU...your academics aren't great...eh, you play Illinois and have the Kansas City and St. Louis markets. Welcome to the Big 10..uh...13.

--------------------------- Line of Screwmarkation

ISU: Well...you're AAU, good school, but you don't have much of a TV market.

Kansas: Again, AAU school, but not connected to any current Big 10 state, and you can't be separated from your ******** half-brother without the state's permission. Nice basketball team, though.

K-State: Um...Tier 3 school. Thank God you're tied to KU, right?

Baylor: OK, you're a good school, but you're private, baptist, and a little weird. You hitched a ride to this party with your bigger brothers (UT, A&M), and your moron of a step-brother (Tech), and now you don't fit in. You don't seem like you'd fit in the SEC, you're not in the East or on a Coast...oh look! Some old friends of yours! Say "hi" to Houston, Rice, and SMU in the C-USA for us!

I'd say best case for us is hitching a ride to the Big 10 with Mizzou and NU. Add Notre Dame and/or a Big East school or two and you've got 16. BEST possible case. Kansas might be seriously screwed by their tie to KSU.

Next best case is no realignment.

Below that is merging with the MWC. KU, KSU, ISU, Boise, and ISU make 14. Steal another team or two from the WAC and you've got 16.

Worst case involves the MAC. In which case, we're ****ed.

******* hilarious in an otherwise dreadful thread.

+1 to you Sir.

ozhawk

May 3, 2010
Some will get left out, but hopefully not ISU. Too easy to fit with Big 10 with an existing national audience rivalry with Iowa and the history with Minnesota and top staff connections to Wisconsin, good research school....ISU has a reasonable shot. Taking the majority of Big 12 North teams and it is a more compelling story than a few Big East teams and destruction of two BCS conferences instead of only one.
IOWA VS. ISU is NOT a national rivalry. Not even worth mentioning.

COuld you please elaborate on this "history" with Minnesota. My next door neighbor is a Gopher and I mentioned your post to him. He looked at me like I was from Mars. THis is a BIG Gopher fan who knows his history. Also the connections with wisconsin? Do you realize the connectioins in college football pretty far stretching? My gosh there are likely other schools in the country with more "connections" with wisconsin that Iowa State. ISU to the big ten is never going to happen. AND ISU is not a good fit anyway.

HandSanitizer

Apr 19, 2006
Bondurant, IA

COuld you please elaborate on this "history" with Minnesota. My next door neighbor is a Gopher and I mentioned your post to him. He looked at me like I was from Mars. THis is a BIG Gopher fan who knows his history. Also the connections with wisconsin? Do you realize the connectioins in college football pretty far stretching? My gosh there are likely other schools in the country with more "connections" with wisconsin that Iowa State. ISU to the big ten is never going to happen. AND ISU is not a good fit anyway.

Maybe if Minny can get their TV revenue up to 30 mil they can become relavant again. Who knows.

ISU not a good fit in the Big 10 is not a correct statement, BUT I do agree with you about it never happening.

sdillon500

Sep 12, 2006
northern california

Huh. I thought the original poster was referring to the geographical connections ISU has with Minnesota, Wisconsin, etc. But please, continue to fly off the handle.

sunnysideup

Aug 6, 2009
The Metro

Keep your nose out of this Hok fan. This doesn't concern you. In fact, I'm shocked you can see down this far from your high perch...:no:

S

st8

THIS JUST IN! The Big 10, Pac 10, and SEC are joining to create a super conference of 33 teams! It will be divided into three divisions of 11 teams each and will rule the world!

that's really weird. I heard the same thing from a guy last night. even weirder is he tried to sell me one of these

platform.jpg

RossHallHero

Jul 8, 2009
It's blowing up on all the PAC 10 boards right now... barely being talked about in the free parts of other Big XII boards though. I'm nervous. COME ON JP!!!! WORK YOUR MAGIC!

Do you honestly remotely believe that Jamie Pollard will have even one ounce of meaningful input on any of this?

Seriously, do you?

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines

Just spitballing, but I do believe that ISU and Minnesota have played around 35 times, so maybe that's it.

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown

I don't know what the future holds, but you stink the place up with Hawkeye arrogance. You act like it is a privledge for the Big Ten to have Iowa and not the other way around. Where would you guys be in all this if you weren't grandfathered in to all of this?

RossHallHero

Jul 8, 2009
I'm still laughing at the thought that some people on this board think that Pollard can do anything about what's happening. He's gonna sit back at take it, just like the rest of us are.

There's a high stakes poker game going on right now and Jamie can't afford the buy-in, by no fault of his own.

I guess we could always go independent as a couple posters have said on here. Equally brilliant.

S

st8

wierd, another hok fan crossing their fingers for an ISU doomsday. those seem to be very few and far between these days :jimlad:

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site

Of course not. That's why ABC chose to put it in a prime TV slot for the 2nd time in the past 5 years.

But please, I know that if you ask ANYONE outside of the State of Iowa, they'll tell you that Iowa's ACTUAL rivals are A) Ohio State, B) Michigan, C) Penn State, and D) Ditka. It's not like the rest of the world considers Iowa and Iowa State each other's biggest rivals.

HandSanitizer

Apr 19, 2006
Bondurant, IA
I don't know what the future holds, but you stink the place up with Hawkeye arrogance. You act like it is a privledge for the Big Ten to have Iowa and not the other way around. Where would you guys be in all this if you weren't grandfathered in to all of this?[/QUOTE]

Ding ding ding. The Hawks are kind of like that fat chick in high school that gets to hang out with the cool hot girls because she is neighbors with one of them and has been friends forever.

Help Support Us

Become a patron