Schroll done

Cy4Patriots

Jan 10, 2011
Still waiting on the evidence that she left cause of BF...

Are you blind or just having trouble putting the pieces together?

If you're waiting for BF to come out and say, "she left because of me", it isn't going to happen.

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
After reading through this thread and the other thread about her leave of absence, it makes me wish CF would move to non-anonymous screen names. There is a lot of stupidity on both sides and if people could put a name with a post, it would cut down on a lot of the stupidity across the site.

majorcyfan

Feb 18, 2007
Jesus, I'm glad you're not our AD. Something tells me you're like the Joker; you want to see bad stuff happen because it excites you.

If she did leave because of BF's treatment, I really hope Bill uses this as a learning experience and is sincere about changing his approach just a little bit. Like most others on here, I want to keep seeing Bill and the women's team succeed and don't want situations like this. But like someone else posted, he can't let it get out of hand, otherwise it could be an ugly situation for us.

And we STILL don't know the exact reason why she left
Another ISU ostrich denoted .

Cypatriots said it best:

If you're waiting for BF to come out and say, "she left because of me", it isn't going to happen

cyclone13

Apr 7, 2009
After reading through this thread and the other thread about her leave of absence, it makes me wish CF would move to non-anonymous screen names. There is a lot of stupidity on both sides and if people could put a name with a post, it would cut down on a lot of the stupidity across the site.

It won't solve the problem as people can't still use fake names or even some websites required FB account to post the comments, it's easy to create a FB account without having to disclose who you really are.

The only key is the consideration, respect and maturity among the posters. We're all Cyclones/Cyclones fans and we need to respect each other despite we have different opinions or different standards. There should be no name calling or hysterical accussations just because someone has different opinion.

twistedredbird

Apr 26, 2008
Midwest
It won't solve the problem as people can't still use fake names or even some websites required FB account to post the comments, it's easy to create a FB account without having to disclose who you really are.

The only key is the consideration, respect and maturity among the posters. We're all Cyclones/Cyclones fans and we need to respect each other despite we have different opinions or different standards. There should be no name calling or hysterical accussations just because someone has different opinion.

good luck with that. CF has definitely gone down hill. The extremists either way always kill anything good.

Cy4Patriots

Jan 10, 2011
Well then you and the other pitchfork crowd can have a lovely time speculating all you want.

You can agree/disagree with how BF handles things on the court.

But, Jess apparently disagreed with how he handled it. Right or wrong, that's how it is.

fwiw

May 20, 2009

But, Jess apparently disagreed with how he handled it. Right or wrong, that's how it is.

100% correct.

Their performance over the next few games will say a lot about the mindset of the team and BF's ability to pull them through some adversity (whether you think it's self inflicted, or not).

But no matter what, losing your team's best defender a couple days before your league opener was definitely not part of anyone's plan.

Reactions: Cy4Patriots

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
I would comment on your post but my mother said never get into an argument with with someone who does not know the facts as it is a waste of good time. Jess was tougher than you will ever be.

welcome to the site Jess...we'll miss you!!!

Palmer

Jun 10, 2008
Johnston, IA

...and when wins suffer this season due to this transfer...Bill can be held responsible. Please don't this as he should be fired...but someone from the admin needs to step in and say head butts and grappling with players is not allowed.

Last edited:

woodpop

Jan 1, 2012
Ames, IA
Do people actually believe Jess got yelled at Thu night, came back and played Fri, and then packed up and left Sat?

Yes, I believe that is exactly what happened.

After attending the women's games for the past 12 years and watching Jess get chewed out in the ugliest rant by Fennelly that I have ever seen against one of his players, I believe that was the last straw for Jess. Her parents watched it too and then watched her sit on the bench with a towel to her face for the last 9 plus minutes of the game.

I've seen other players & Jess get chewed out by Fennelly before and I understand and support what he is trying to get accompished, it just that Thursday night was beyond what anyone should expect.

I don't claim to know what happened or didn't happen between Thursday night and Friday's game time, although a different Bill Fennelly seemed to coach Friday night's game with no yelling or extreme dirty looks. He coached as if he knew or was told that on Thursday night he made a mistake.

Too bad, as Jess will be missed by her team and fans.

Reactions: lakeliving

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Another ISU ostrich (1) denoted .

Cypatriots said it best:

If you're waiting for BF to come out and say, "she left because of me", it isn't going to happen (2)

1. I don't get it.

2. Unless your name is Jessica Schroll or you happen to be her father/mother then you will never know all the details either. Drawing conclusions based on speculation doesn't help the program, especially on a public website.

Don't get me wrong, I'm just as concerned about the impact BF's behavior is having on some of his players. A lot of things brought up in this thread are similar to what was posted in the Whitney Williams thread two years ago. As I've stated before, I'm not out for BF's head, instead I want to see this worked out before it has the potential to cause more serious problems, as I'm sure many other posters want to see too.

Incyte

Apr 12, 2007
Bill is entitled to run his program as he sees fits. That includes being a **** to his players from time to time. Short of cheating or embarrasment to the university I really could not care less.

Last edited by a moderator:

Palmer

Jun 10, 2008
Johnston, IA
Bill is entitled to run his program as he sees fits. That includes being a **** to his players from time to time. Short of cheating or embarrasment to the university I really could not care less.

being at courtside Thursday and Friday...I disagree.

He was an embarrassment Thursday night.

michaelrr1

Mar 30, 2006
WDM
Visit site

You should start caring then.

MaccloNe

Sep 21, 2011
You think what just transpired reflects toughness on the part of Schroll? She has Rachel Pierson syndrome, and that won't cut it in the Big 12.

Ahh, Rachel. The reason I watched WBB for a couple years.

hobbes

Feb 20, 2010
Chicago
although a different Bill Fennelly seemed to coach Friday night's game with no yelling or extreme dirty looks.

I saw the Friday night game with Buffalo on Clonezone. I remember after a timeout, Z had just made a layup or maybe a 3pter, and when Z got to the bench area, coach grabbed her arm and proceeded to yell and scream and give the look. I felt so bad for Z, she just deflated after that. The clonezone camera guy quickly moved the shot, but was a little late. Did anyone else see that? CZ hasn't archived those games yet.