Schroll done

woodpop

Jan 1, 2012
Ames, IA
I saw the Friday night game with Buffalo on Clonezone. I remember after a timeout, Z had just made a layup or maybe a 3pter, and when Z got to the bench area, coach grabbed her arm and proceeded to yell and scream and give the look. I felt so bad for Z, she just deflated after that. The clonezone camera guy quickly moved the shot, but was a little late. Did anyone else see that? CZ hasn't archived those games yet.

Sorry, maybe I overstated about how nice Fennelly was or maybe I am tuned out to how he always treats Z.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
More speculation...

It's a message board. What the hell do you expect? If you don't think it's at least somewhat reasonable to think she left because of what happened on Thursday night, fine, but you have your head in the sand. BF has the right to run his program how he wants and he should earned our trust by now. That doesn't mean he is beyond criticism when things like this happen. I have talked to people in his practices before and there is an extreme amount of yelling. That's fine, but it will drive people away.

SchrollFamily

Jan 2, 2012
welcome to the site Jess...we'll miss you!!!

Cyclone Fanatics:
It is an unfortunate turn of events that Jessica is no longer a part of the ISU Basketball team. While many of you speculate as to the reason (and why not, this is a message board) please understand that our family has not made a single post to any of these threads and therefore, no one that has posted is speaking for us. While you may be curious as to Jessica’s reason for leaving, please respect the fact that our family does not conduct its business in this manner and we will handle any concerns privately, not by posting on this message board. We are all devastated by recent events but remain solid ISU basketball fans. You have a coach that has built a remarkable program who serves as an outstanding ambassador to this university. We would like nothing more than to see changes made that will ensure that the program’s reputation grow, not disintegrate. Thank you to all of you who have taken the time to voice support to Jess through texts, emails, etc. For those that are judging her and questioning her toughness, that is OK too, we understand. However, please know that this is a 20 year old kid who took a stand for change and it was the most difficult thing she has done in her life. No matter what has transpired over the past few days, we will be eternally grateful that Jessica had the opportunity to meet all of the wonderful people in Ames and experience the magic of Hilton Coliseum. In the several visits we have made to Ames, we have been overwhelmed by the hospitality and friendliness shown to us by nearly everyone associated with Iowa State. I have said many times that Iowa folks are just good people. We will miss you all tremendously and feel the void in our lives already. For now, there are 13 young women working very hard to represent ISU and Ames and they have a tough battle ahead of them. Those young ladies are all great kids and are the ones who should be receiving your attention and who will need every bit of your support over the next few weeks. It would be great to see a thread congratulating Chelsea Poppens on her selection as Big 12 Player of the Week that rivals this thread in number of posts and hits.
Very sincerely,
Paul and Renee Schroll

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Nothing good comes from family/friends posting on message boards. Nothing. This is a proven fact here and on countless other sites.

I wish Jessica luck and hope for improvements in every aspect for ISU WBB.

Reactions: tigershoops31

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
popcorn.gif

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
At this point I am so sick and tired of Billy the tyrants antics on the bench. This administration should fire his *** and shut down the program.

/End Rant

Incyte

Apr 12, 2007
Nothing good comes from family/friends posting on message boards. Nothing. This is a proven fact here and on countless other sites.

Well said.

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006

Proven fact? LOL!

je4cy23

Jul 11, 2009
Des Moines
Cyclone Fanatics:
It is an unfortunate turn of events that Jessica is no longer a part of the ISU Basketball team. While many of you speculate as to the reason (and why not, this is a message board) please understand that our family has not made a single post to any of these threads and therefore, no one that has posted is speaking for us. While you may be curious as to Jessica’s reason for leaving, please respect the fact that our family does not conduct its business in this manner and we will handle any concerns privately, not by posting on this message board. We are all devastated by recent events but remain solid ISU basketball fans. You have a coach that has built a remarkable program who serves as an outstanding ambassador to this university. We would like nothing more than to see changes made that will ensure that the program’s reputation grow, not disintegrate. Thank you to all of you who have taken the time to voice support to Jess through texts, emails, etc. For those that are judging her and questioning her toughness, that is OK too, we understand. However, please know that this is a 20 year old kid who took a stand for change and it was the most difficult thing she has done in her life. No matter what has transpired over the past few days, we will be eternally grateful that Jessica had the opportunity to meet all of the wonderful people in Ames and experience the magic of Hilton Coliseum. In the several visits we have made to Ames, we have been overwhelmed by the hospitality and friendliness shown to us by nearly everyone associated with Iowa State. I have said many times that Iowa folks are just good people. We will miss you all tremendously and feel the void in our lives already. For now, there are 13 young women working very hard to represent ISU and Ames and they have a tough battle ahead of them. Those young ladies are all great kids and are the ones who should be receiving your attention and who will need every bit of your support over the next few weeks. It would be great to see a thread congratulating Chelsea Poppens on her selection as Big 12 Player of the Week that rivals this thread in number of posts and hits.
Very sincerely,
Paul and Renee Schroll

Thank you for posting and I know you must be very proud of Jessica for taking this stand even though it is extremely difficult for everyone involved. Hopefully Jessica's decison will be the catalyst for the changes that obviously needs to be made within the WBB program. I wish her nothing but the best in the future.

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
Cyclone Fanatics:
Very sincerely,
Paul and Renee Schroll

you might think that's true, but there could be somebody posting that you would know pretty well...that's the beauty of message boards...it's happened on different boards about high school sports and I found out after I made a similar statement to that at practice, that I found out they were people from my town..just saying

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
He's right. It's a proven fact. It goes badly every time.

These parents handled it as well as parents can. It was a nice, classy post. Hopefully it all stops with that.

Every time? Hardly. And when it does go bad here, 90% of the time it is due to the numerous idiots on this board.

67CY

Apr 13, 2006
We would like nothing more than to see changes made that will ensure that the program’s reputation grow,

this is a 20 year old kid who took a stand for change

Anyone know what these statements mean?

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
We would like nothing more than to see changes made that will ensure that the program’s reputation grow,

this is a 20 year old kid who took a stand for change

Anyone know what these statements mean?

Pretty much the opposite of this statement:

please respect the fact that our family does not conduct its business in this manner and we will handle any concerns privately

Reactions: C.John