Car chase and shots fired

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Based on the dashcam footage, yes, the officer was justified in shooting the driver.
Luckily nobody got T-boned when he blew through Lincoln Way.
And if classes weren't in session, he could have taken out so many students.

isuska

Jun 22, 2011
Ankeny, IA
as someone who has built and painted a Homecoming sign, I wish I could have blasted through one with a truck

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
I still think the winner of her comments was the one where she tried to claim that Comstock being shot was a violation of the Americans with Disabilities Act. Because he was emotional. Which is just like being diabetic.

think this will be my new comeback when I want ice cream and my husband just says I'm emotional.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
This is sad all the way around but and of course the family is all over the police on how they handled it, but for the life of me his dad has to realize that if he wouldn't have called the police in the first place I suspect Tyler is still here. We'll never know for sure.

That's bad logic. His dad calling police didn't make Tyler flee, ram a police car, or go on central campus. His dad calling police probably should have ended with, "Sorry I stole your car, dad". And, "Don't do it again or we'll press charges" from the officer. The dad did the right thing.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
Based on the dashcam footage, yes, the officer was justified in shooting the driver.
Luckily nobody got T-boned when he blew through Lincoln Way.
And if classes weren't in session, he could have taken out so many students.

Trudy would probably blame the students for not seeing the speeding car come at them.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
Video reaffirms that he anger directed at the PDs is misplaced. Great job out of them.

Tragic that the guy died, but he put his life in his own hands and wasn't stopping.

Darwinism or something like that.

Gnomeborg

Dec 24, 2008
This is sad all the way around but and of course the family is all over the police on how they handled it, but for the life of me his dad has to realize that if he wouldn't have called the police in the first place I suspect Tyler is still here. We'll never know for sure.

Dad didn't make Tyler steal the car. Dad didn't make Tyler run from police. Dad didn't make Tyler ram a police car (4 times), endanger pedestrians and other drivers, and turn a pretty bad situation into one that we're all talking about now.

This is on Tyler, and Tyler alone.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
But, being emotional is just like being diabetic. That means that ice cream would be very bad for you.

naw, I'd say that my levels are too low. Be just like Julia Roberts in Steel Magnolias when she faints at the hair salon.

casey1973

Apr 20, 2012
Ames
Dad didn't make Tyler steal the car. Dad didn't make Tyler run from police. Dad didn't make Tyler ram a police car (4 times), endanger pedestrians and other drivers, and turn a pretty bad situation into one that we're all talking about now.

This is on Tyler, and Tyler alone.

The first point is true, dad didn't make Tyler steal the truck but if dad doesn't call the police we probably don't have a police chase. Let the company know and just give him a little time to calm down and deal with it. This kid obviously had some issues and didn't handle the problem he had with his dad like you and I might. Only the family knows for sure I guess.

cyclone13

Apr 7, 2009
Was he trying to back over that kid at the 2:45 mark? It looks like he's chasing him around. After going through the 2nd sign at the 3:04 mark, he almost hits the kid.

Yes, I believe so. You could see he appeared to chase the kid although he was driving backward.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
I drove on Lincoln Way through the Lincoln and Beach intersection about 15 minutes after this had happened. He flew threw there... Could have easily killed someone or been killed himself by an innocent civilian.

VTXCyRyD

Sep 2, 2010
I got to admit, I was thinking shooting may not have been needed, but watching that video proves to me the police did exactly the right thing.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I got to admit, I was thinking shooting may not have been needed, but watching that video proves to me the police did exactly the right thing.

I think a lot of people are going to agree with you. What if someone was setting up one of those wooden displays the truck demolished?

Scott34

Mar 16, 2007
Cedar Rapids
The first point is true, dad didn't make Tyler steal the truck but if dad doesn't call the police we probably don't have a police chase. Let the company know and just give him a little time to calm down and deal with it. This kid obviously had some issues and didn't handle the problem he had with his dad like you and I might. Only the family knows for sure I guess.

So what makes you think the father is I the wrong in calling the police? Technically the truck was taken without permission, that means stolen and it doesn't mean by a certain someone. This made his own decisions. Glad the cops took one more idiot off the street. This guy obviously didn't care who he could harmed when he wanted to get away.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron