your preference..

stretchclone

Jan 1, 2008
SW Iowa
what do you get more excited to see
A mens basketball verbal commitment or
A football verbal commitment.

Then of those choices, would you like to see us get.
for example. I like the news of a football commitment and I would love to see a stud DT.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
One of Fred's boys. His guys get on the court right away unless a transfer.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Bball, ISU's football recruiting strategy is based on potential and development, Freddies bringing in dudes to make an immediate impact. Plus, you're talking about 2 or 3 guys a year for bball vs 20+ football recruits.

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
In this context, although football is my favorite sport, I would get more excited about a basketball recruit. As others have outlined various ways, there's more of a definitive cause-effect connection with each basketball recruit.

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008
what do you get more excited to see
A mens basketball verbal commitment or
A football verbal commitment.

Then of those choices, would you like to see us get.
for example. I like the news of a football commitment and I would love to see a stud DT.

I like them both, but the choice is simple. It has to be MBB, not because I like it more, but because they are rarer than FB commits. You only get 4-5 BB commits in a good year and sometimes far fewer, compared to 25 or more for FB. I even get more excited about a WBB commit than FB for the same reason

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
Basketball. It's my favorite by a few thousand miles.

I can't even follow football recruiting. That takes people who really want to obsess over it.

I'm football by a few thousand miles and even I'd say basketball. Until we start signing more of the big boys of high school football and winning 10 games a year, basketball recruiting is a lot more relevant to follow. I can only get so excited to see a commitment from a unranked corner back from florida I've never heard of.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I'm football by a few thousand miles and even I'd say basketball. Until we start signing more of the big boys of high school football and winning 10 games a year, basketball recruiting is a lot more relevant to follow. I can only get so excited to see a commitment from a unranked corner back from florida I've never heard of.

And seeing a bunch of posts about hip position and technical knowledge that I tend not to buy.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Like most in this thread, MBB not even close. Unless it's a juco in FB the guy signed might not hardly see the field for a year.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron