SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
one sad Bear fan

90417791b989_7dffde2d-cb17-449a-b4fe-e6e22caa9ace

norcalcy

Oct 20, 2010
This game looked a lot like Baylor's game against Texas Tech. Difference was MSU was a better team and able to pull it out at the end. Baylor is a flashy fast car that looks great going fast down the straight portion of the highway. Doesn't handle curves and tight turns so well. Still, Briles has done an amazing job. Would love to be in their position versus ours.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Do you honestly think he cares what anybody think about him when he makes $1 million a year for holding a clipboard? Do you honestly think he cares about what happened in Ames in 2011?

I think he'll remember how he ended his college career, you bet I do. Listen to Fred talk sometime about all his memories from his college days. Good times and bad. That stuff sticks with you, regardless of what your future salary is.

Last edited:

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
No, but that does make the big 12 1-4 in bowl games.

The B1G is having one halfway decent year in the bowl games in the last couple decades and all of the sudden they are puffing out their chests. Amazing.

They are still pathetic. Non conference games show that this year.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Lol eat your crow you conference honk

I've been one saying TCU should have been in, they looked like the best team in the conference all year, they look like a top 4 team. They have possibly the best resume, certainly a top 4 resume.

Baylor has been very good at times but this isn't the first game like this for them. I wouldn't have been going to bat for Baylor over OSU even before this game.

OSU and TCU had comperable SOS, most ratings had TCU slightly higher. TCU's loss was better. Easy decision for fair and rational minds to make.

RunDMCyclone

Jun 9, 2013
12 Grimmauld Place
TCU and Baylor should have a rematch for a true National Championship.

Time to choke out this joke conference.

I'll always cherish the memories of ESPN telling me why Michigan State losing to Oregon by 19 should get them in the playoff after Ohio State lost to Va Tech.

Hope Baylor can get it into the 60s.

This is a freaking joke, Michigan State might as well be D2. Big 12 should consider a freaking law suit.

Derp.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I do agree with this. If they played again next week, I'd pick Baylor again. Going away.

I don't know, there's something to be said about peeing a game down your leg that bad. It was mistake after mistake after mistake. Michigan State was the better team.

Their complete lack of killer instinct in the 4th is just as much a part of their game as the second and third quarter of total dominance. This game is an example of why the committee had TCU at 3 and Baylor at 6 before the fix was called in. TCU is a more disciplined and balanced team.

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
Who did the big 12 beat this year in the non con?

The B1G is having one halfway decent year in the bowl games in the last couple decades and all of the sudden they are puffing out their chests. Amazing.

They are still pathetic. Non conference games show that this year.

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
That sucked how Baylor crapped the bed. I guess that's it for football watching today. I refuse to turn on the Football Payoff (or is it Playoff$$$?).

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
That sucked how Baylor crapped the bed. I guess that's it for football watching today. I refuse to turn on the Football Payoff (or is it Playoff$$$?).

I almost hope Ohio State wins both games by 50. They truly do look like a good team now, but the reality is they have a worse resume than TCU and TCU basically cemented that unless Ohio State were to win with two blowouts.

But if Ohio State does dominate Alabama, Alabama's season then looks significantly worse than TCU's too...there's simply no way any of the one loss teams seem to have a valid reason to be there more than TCU.

RunDMCyclone

Jun 9, 2013
12 Grimmauld Place
I almost hope Ohio State wins both games by 50. They truly do look like a good team now, but the reality is they have a worse resume than TCU and TCU basically cemented that unless Ohio State were to win with two blowouts.

But if Ohio State does dominate Alabama, Alabama's season then looks significantly worse than TCU's too...there's simply no way any of the one loss teams seem to have a valid reason to be there more than TCU.

Except pasting Ole Miss is nothing like pasting a motivated Alabama.