Rose Thread

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Well Iowa fans...

As with every bowl loss, I like to say the same thing: "At the end of the day, you lost a glorified scrimmage."

Sadly for you, you made it such a big deal by chanting Rose Bowl in our faces every chance you got.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Oh yay. We're at the point where some previous bowl game Iowa won gets substituted for their historic failure in today's game. I expected it to take longer.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Iowa's offense is so easy to predict and if you don't believe me go back re-watch the game and chart it out.

Almost 100% of the time when Iowa is in a single back set and the RB is at 6 yards or deeper it is a run. If the RB is at 5 yards or less it is a pass. Also in this game almost every shotgun formation for Iowa was a pass. I think Stanford saw this on tape, Standford was making late defensive calls based on the RB alignment and then being very aggressive against the run when the RB was 6 yards or more deep.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
CXrXdd0WMAEE9qX.jpg

[video=youtube;NwVNuyfhF0Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwVNuyfhF0Q[/video]

JohnnyFive

Feb 25, 2012
Not gonna lie, that one felt good. Most Hawk fans I know refused to even acknowledge that the only reason they went undefeated was because of a poor schedule. Yeah you won the games. But teams that go 19-19 the previous three years just don't wake up one day and go 12-0 unless something changes. Nothing really changed. Iowa just won more games this season against bad teams than they did the year before. Iowa is still the same team just barely good enough to beat lower-tier Big 10 teams by single digits, just like last year. Depending on where Northwestern falls in the rankings after getting bent over by Tennessee today, Iowa might not even have a win over a top 20 team this season.

#UNTILyoubeatsomeonegood

Last edited: