Rose Thread

cyclonestate

May 4, 2009
Watching Andy Garman on the news tonight, it's funny how butt hurt he was about Stanford having the nerve to throw a touchdown pass with only 2 minutes left when they were already up by 22. Of course this was after Stanford had called off the dogs by pulling their starters on defense and Iowa's starters scoring a touchdown on them.

JHUNSY

Aug 31, 2013
Des Moines, IA
Iowa was exposed to be the average team we all knew, but that is bull ****. Mean less? Sure, it means they were not good enough to win the national title despite being one of the last teams to lose.

If they win the last two they are playing for a NC next week. There is a lot of room between that and the first 12 now meaning nothing. It means they were an average team that had a great year and got far more out of this year than the underlying asset should have. Hawk fans should feel completely satisfied with this year.

"If."

Hint: It's the 2013 Buckeyes all over again.

Universities pay coaches to win championships, not to beat an Illinois State.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Watching Andy Garman on the news tonight, it's funny how butt hurt he was about Stanford having the nerve to throw a touchdown pass with only 2 minutes left when they were already up by 22. Of course this was after Stanford had called off the dogs by pulling their starters on defense and Iowa's starters scoring a touchdown on them.

Just quote hayden fry when he had a 60 yd bomb from Sherman to Dwight with 4 minutes left and up 35 points. It's not the coach of the offenses job to stop the offense, it's the defenses job. They need to get better.

Had a hawk fan say that again to me just a couple years ago, so they do remember it.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
"If."

Hint: It's the 2013 Buckeyes all over again.

Universities pay coaches to win championships, not to beat an Illinois State.
How many coaches have not winning a championship as breach of contract? Lol, yes, starting a year 12-0 means nothing if you don't win an NC.

Or it means you are an average team that had a great season, which is far from nothing. One that in terms of utility to a program is only surpassed by a handful of teams this year. Again, far from nothing.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
You live in the epicenter? I actually haven't seen many Iowa fans over here (near 3rd & Fairfax).

Nah, my gfs parents live in San Marino and we were just up there to eat tonight. The place was definitely crawling with Hawk fans.

CycloneShift

Dec 8, 2015
I'm really tempted to buy a Stanford shirt and wear it around campus. I'm going to enjoy this win for awhile.

Redman97

Jul 31, 2011
Iowa City
attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    106.1 KB · Views: 332

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
I'm thankful the Big 12 has a full round-robin schedule. If the B1G had it, Iowa would have never been in a $15MM bowl game.

cyfamily

Mar 19, 2015

This. Iowa did an onside kick...trying to get the ball and score. Stanford did the right thing. Fry would have done the same thing and more.

Skidoosh

May 27, 2012
I loved the deepshot in the 4th. Iowa was acting like they deserved to be on the same field, finally managing to put some points on the board to make it look less like a blow-out.
The deep shot reminded them that Stanford stopped trying about halfway through the 2nd quarter.

JHUNSY

Aug 31, 2013
Des Moines, IA
How many coaches have not winning a championship as breach of contract? Lol, yes, starting a year 12-0 means nothing if you don't win an NC.

Or it means you are an average team that had a great season, which is far from nothing. One that in terms of utility to a program is only surpassed by a handful of teams this year. Again, far from nothing.

Right, so their fans should be proud and happy with their season? An exact replica of the 2013 Buckeyes, a season and team that Hawkeye fans gave endless ****. It's pretty similar to our basketball season this last year. Again, a season and team that Hawkeye fans gave endless ****.

You're honestly suggesting that they don't pay Ferentz to win conference championships? That's what seasons are played for. Teams want to win conference championships and bowl games, if your team does neither then it's pretty clear that the season was unsuccessful. Easy example, look at Nebraska. Pelini lost his job because their seasons translated to nothing.

Last edited:

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Is there a Steve Harvey meme out there about Iowa winning the rose bowl?